• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Ship Hunting Quest Occasionally Cannot Be Completed

A.H

Privateer
I'm having little problem here with hunting a ship from the request of port royal governor..
I can't find it in the "sail to" option.. all ships around me are british... is it bugged or do I have to do something special to make the enemy ship pop up in jamaica?

2nd question: for the weapon locker in captain's cabin.. if I put 3 kinds of different swords (20x rapier - 20x bosun sword - 20x Maltese sword) and let's say 2 types of guns (10x muskets - 20x fine short pistol) .. do the different weapons get distributed evenly among the crew, or does the game automatically choose only one type of weapon?

I still can't figure out the necessary number of swords and guns to place in locker.. any exact hints as to how much swords, guns and bandages needed for a crew of 100, a crew of 200, 300, 400, 500, etc. etc.?

And what about Cuirasses.. I already put 20 cheap cuirass in locker.. does this get placed in crew inventory or crew members don't use that?

I'm having little problem here with hunting a ship from the request of port royal governor..
I can't find it in the "sail to" option.. all ships around me are british... is it bugged or do I have to do something special to make the enemy ship pop up in jamaica?
It should just be there somewhere.

2nd question: for the weapon locker in captain's cabin.. if I put 3 kinds of different swords (20x rapier - 20x bosun sword - 20x Maltese sword) and let's say 2 types of guns (10x muskets - 20x fine short pistol) .. do the different weapons get distributed evenly among the crew, or does the game automatically choose only one type of weapon?
Each crewmember that is generated in a boarding scene will take a weapon from the weaponslocker that the game consider "best" based on damage numbers and minlevel and such.
On default settings, once the boarding scene is over, the used weapons and returned to the weaponslocker.
So that also answers your second question: You need enough weapons for the crew in the boarding scene.
I don't remember ever seeing more than 20, so that should be a relatively safe bet.

To be sure, you can occasionally check the contents of the Weaponslocker to see if you have less weapons now.
The default weapon is an average Cutlass; if you see crew using that in a boarding scene, you know they're not using the Weaponslocker stuff, probably because there isn't enough in there,

And what about Cuirasses.. I already put 20 cheap cuirass in locker.. does this get placed in crew inventory or crew members don't use that?
They should use it, yes. Health items too.
You could try putting Antidotes in there, then fighting your boarding actions with Stinkbombs.
Success not guaranteed. ;)

lol yea I filled up chest with 100 of each best sword, gun, cuirass.. and I'm honored to say as of thursday 25/6/2015.. I found the first treasure without being ripped off :D

However the jamaica quest still going on, will see where that leads me.

Port royal quest still at fault :( Can't find the french ship which I'm supposed to hunt down off Jamaica.. is there anyway to cancel governor quests?

Just direct sail to every ship around and the one that starts shooting at you is the one you want. If none of them shoot at you, then you broke the quest.

If none of them shoot at you, then you broke the quest.
Which shouldn't be possible, but apparently happens occasionally anyway.

I don't know what else to try to prevent this from happening, but we could at least put a dialog option at the governors to cancel an open Ship Hunting Quest.
At the moment that can only be done through code and it would probably be better to give control of that to the player.

I do reckon a reputation loss would be in order if you "let the ship escape".

Yes nothing like that happened.. from the moment I left govenror's office I couldn't find it.. I direct sailed to every ship and they're all british.
I even travelled to other towns for other quests and i came back to PR but still no luck finding.

anyhow I'll ignore it and go on to other quests.

Nope, its still on my questbook although I forgot about it long ago :p
The SHIP, not the QUEST. The quest isn't going to disappear unless you complete or fail it.
As far as the game is concerned, the target ship hasn't been sunk/captured and therefore is yet to be dealt with.

well we should at least build an expire date in the quest in case you can't find the ship so it wont stay in your questbook forever.

Yes for the shipyard quest where he ask you to get supplies.. it has expiry, except that last time I failed there was a bug.. the quest doesn't remove from questbook and even when you bring supplies to the shipyard guy, he replies in blank dialog..

I will give this type of quest a try tonight and see if it still exists

I am now doing the Larouse gold convoy quest again.. can't seem to find the gold convoy.. I distant travelled to every ship in the perimeter but still nothing.. I even went to open map 3 times and i direct sailed to all ships 4 times in total.. no sign of any gold ship.

Could this also be related to my problem of the missing ship for the governor's quest in jamaica?

and wow, check out my error file.. it was 4 lines this morning lol

Attachments

• error.log
    5.8 KB · Views: 115
@Hylie Pistof is correct. You shouldn't be going back to sea. You arrive at Barbados and go straight to the mine scene. After that fight, you should continue on foot along the canyon to Bridgetown, leave by the other gate to the jungle, and continue on foot in the general direction of Speightstown. You should find the convoy somewhere along the way.

This is independent of any ship-hunting quest. About the only thing they have in common is that if you go to another island, they're probably going to break.

As for errors, see also Various problems in error.log.

Are u serious.. ah well that would have been a nice hint some weeks ago :D i'll get right on it

What jungle would you be talking about? Im @ canyon.. and after the mines there's like 20 masked bandits attacking all at once.. I killed them all, then there is bridgetown gate.
For curiosity, I entered then left back to canyon exit.. and those bandits re spawned again..

so perhaps I failed the quest but it doesn't say so nor is there the tiniest hint of what a person should do in this quest except "intercept between bridgetown and spieghstown" .. which isn't very detailed

Back