• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ship Request : PotBS Trinity

Noriruru

Freebooter
Hey guys I just finished signing on to Pirates Ahoy so I'm totally new to things here. Anyhow I had been playing Pirates of the burning sea for some time however recent poor decisions by Flying Labs Software have forced me to strike my colors there. I have since turned to pirates ahoy's PotC build mod to get my fill of pirate action and all the cool ships that go with it. I must say I really like the newest ships you guys have added to the game especially pgargon's ships.

I'd like to make a ship request for the build mod Potbs's 98 gun Trinity 2nd rate. This ship represented my greatest achievement in that game. It was also sadly my most short-lived achievement as I only got 3 days of enjoyment out of her before the devs decided to remove the recipes for all 1st and 2nd rates from the game. I miss my ship but now I don't dare bring it out in that game as just one bad day with it means it's gone forever. Therefore I'd love to see it for the build mod.

I personally don't know squat about 3-D modeling or Coding for games so all I can do is make requests and suggestions if anyone makes them I thank you.

Welcome matey! :cheers

Our big ships aren't that detailed, but we do have some large ones. The small ship to the right is a 74 gun 3rd rate. You might be interested in this Lineship.

Welcome Noriruru

What was your ingame name and server? I too am an ex-PotBS Captain, left under for a different reason though. I was and I guess still am Jacob Elston, Naval Officer on the Roberts (EU) Server.

As for the Trinity, I do not know if she is a Flying Labs ship or player made? If she is NOT player made then someone here will have to build her from scratch.
You will find that the Poseidon (3rd rate, NOT 4th, darn them!) and the Raa Frigate are to be added soon, the player who created them has granted us the models. But I believe Flying Labs condition is that they are retextured.

That is just what I seem to have picked up reading discussions here.

I play Age of Pirates 2 : City of Abandoned Ships since PotC does not work on VISTA. I can only assume she is in PotC, the Bellona 74 gun 3rd rate should be around aswell as the Victory 1st rate.

Soon there will be 1 or maybe 2 new 3rd rates along with 2 new Surprise versions and someone is working on the HMS Unicorn, the vessel the Defiant was based off! :D

"I play Age of Pirates 2 : City of Abandoned Ships since PotC does not work on VISTA. I can only assume she is in PotC, the Bellona 74 gun 3rd rate should be around aswell as the Victory 1st rate."

:facepalm Now you tell me. I played PotC for months in Vista32 before switching to Win7 64. I agree that win7 is better.

When I posted the screenies above I did not know the Bellona and the Victory are in Patch4. But they are.....

PotC does work on Vista; I ran it on my old Vista laptop for several years until that laptop died.
Now I've got Windows 7 and it still works. Are you having problems with the unmodded PotC game as well?
What's your graphics card? But then if CoAS works, PotC should do too.

Welcome Noriruru

What was your ingame name and server? I too am an ex-PotBS Captain, left under for a different reason though. I was and I guess still am Jacob Elston, Naval Officer on the Roberts (EU) Server.

My main PotBS ingame character was Dayla Nagami a british naval officer on Antigua though I was originally on Morgan.

As for the Posideon you guys are ABSOLUTELY right about it being more 3rd rate than 4th rate concidering her gun count was exactly the same as that of the Valiant 3rd rate as well as being Insanely tough. Looking forward to getting my hands on her for this game BTW.

That is interesting, we bought PotC ages ago, but when we tried it on this computer (VISTA) the storm engine would just crash on start up. We had this issue with our old PC windows XP, but there was a video codec you could download to get it work again, but we found information saying the game would not work on VISTA.

Amazon seem to sell 2 different versions of PotC, some say compatible with XP/2000 and the other is compatible with VISTA and W7.... so I then I can only assume I have an older version of the game?

I was British a British Naval Officer too, always hated how the Poseidon was only a 4th rate, a universal 4th rate too.... I used it as an RPed 3rd rate in PvE, but my Valiant 3rd rate was my main PvP SOL. I did not dare take my Trinity into PvP haha!

...we found information saying the game would not work on VISTA.
No idea where that came from. There's several localized versions of the game, but it doesn't matter which one you have.
However, maybe the following from our FAQ can help you:

3. My game doesn't work; now what?
The game tends not to work if:
- You have an Intel Onboard Graphics Card [workaround with Swiftshader Software Rendering - more info]
- You use ffdshow and don't have the game added to your "exception list"

Oooh you had a Trinity too Captain Hog? :onya I surely hope you got more days of enjoyment out of her then the meer 3 I got there mate.

What was FLS thinking when they removed them? :facepalm

if u really want someone to model that ship it would be good to have its blueprints

They REMOVED them?

You mean, they have removed all the SOLs? :modding

Darn, ye I had for quite awhile, used her in PvE and 1 or 2 Port Battles aswell. Loved my Trinity, except the figure head is a naked mad doing something rude to a swan.... It was a great ship, a ship which resembles the pretty much standard SOL design come the Napoleonic wars.

/sigh I do not believe I shall be returning to PotBS if they have done... :(

They removed ALL 1st and 2nd Rate ships in patch 1.26 around early to mid august. However 3rd and 4th rates still remain. Like I said I had only 3 days of enjoyment of my trinity after building it before they did this.

The worst part about it was FLS KNEW this was going to be a horrible idea but went ahead with it anyway. The removal of the 1st and 2nds was originally to be part of their Power & Prestige expansion pack but when they realized how much bad rep that would give the expansion so they (as in a single GM by the alias Lum) did the removal in a pre-patch ahead of the expansion under the guise of game balancing.

The sad irony of this hair-brained idea of "balance" is that even though the game has become free to play FLS have this special package they call the captains club which offers players who continue to pay $17.00 a month access to items and missions which give them an unfair advantage over all the players who play free.

Also free-players no longer have access to ship insurance and they doubled production labor time for all materials. <To make 3rd rates feel like greater achievements I'm guessing> so if you get ganked by one of these captains club guys you'll find yourself sitting on the sidelines in a fallback grinding for much longer.

Some expansion and "balance" FLS! :facepalm

This is why I'm hoping someone like Pgargon or someone else who makes ships for PotC/AoP takes up resurrecting this ship.

With that said does anyone know what the trinity was based on and where I can get the blueprints for the guys here?

Back