• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ship Sail's And Flag's.

Faith

Sea Dog.
is it possible to add your own custom flag to be displayed on your ship?

Like if i design my own "pirate flag" is it possible to add it into my game? replacing the old pirate flag. in either AOP/POTC?

and or change colour of sails?

and what's the model for the assassin's creed Character. cant find it ):

PS: also is the HMS Challenger In The Game?
it's my favourite

You can edit all texture files with the TX Converter and any program that can edit TGA files.
Best to wait though; there is a chance that the flags system will not be the same in Build 14 Beta 2.4.

The Assassin's Creed character is "Assassin2" . You get that one for free at the beginning of the Assassin storyline in case you want to play through that one looking like the Assassin.

The HMS Challenger doesn't sound familiar.

Armada is one of the Moderators here. And indeed his signature does have his ship named as HMS Challenger:
New_PA_sig3.png

They're the remodeled stock game frigates based on the Russian "Rossiya" from 1728.

Steam-assisted, eh? These are all the steamships we've got:
SteamFleet.jpg
Technically not the same, because that Challenger of yours doesn't appear to be a paddle-steamer.

In Build 14 Beta 2.3:
1. In the Hornblower and Master & Commander storylines, they can be randomly encountered or purchased from England (RN_SteamFrigate), France (FR_SteamFrigate) or the United States (US_SteamFrigate)
2. In most storylines, go to Tortuga and talk to Mr. Gibbs in the tavern there. He'll give you Jack's compass, allowing you access to Isla de Muerte.
On the beach is a shipwreck and inside is a cursed shipwright who will sell special ships, including the steamships.
3. In most storylines, set a steamship as your starting ship in PROGRAM\Storyline\[Storyline].c:
Code:
sl.(sn).start.ship = "RN_SteamFrigate";
4. In ALL storylines, use this line from PROGRAM\console.c:
Code:
GiveShip2Character(pchar,"RN_SteamFrigate","HMS Astrea",-1,ENGLAND,true,true);
And while we're at it, here are some use notes on the steam ships:
Code:
Press Numpad [+] to increase engine power and Numpad [-] to decrease engine power. Numpad [*] sets power to zero
- Engine requires fuel (planks)
- Engine loses efficiency based on hull damage
Other than that, they work exactly the same as the normal ships in the game.
I hope that helps. :doff

well, that's not what im talking about, ill try and remember the ships name later haha. 2am can't think straight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Challenger_(1858)

Ah, that Challenger. Funnily enough, she's the one that inspired me to use the name for my frigate. :cheeky

She's a nice ship, but technically she falls outside of the game's timespan (1500 to 1830), which is probably why no-one has modelled her for the game.

f
Ah, that Challenger. Funnily enough, she's the one that inspired me to use the name for my frigate. :cheeky

She's a nice ship, but technically she falls outside of the game's timespan (1500 to 1830), which is probably why no-one has modelled her for the game.
fair enough.
yeah i read about that you guys had added the steam ship's, so was just wondering :onya

I'm wondering why we even included 1815-1830... We don't have any ships from that era as far as I know, and certainly not a single one that would have been active in the Caribbean.

Technically the last period is until 1830, but that could easily be changed to 1815. Not that it makes any difference.
The only storyline in that period is the Hornblower one set is 1793.

Actually, the YEAR really doesn't make any difference. Only the actual period does. And when you reach the end of the period, you stay in it anyway.
Even if you start your game in 1789 (Revolutions), the game won't change to "The Corsican" one year later. :no

Be pretty cool if the ships gradually did change when you did enter a new period but would require effort and not everyone would like it I don't think

When we coded the Periods mod, we deliberately decided to just cut things up into specific periods and be done with it.
We could have put in a "start year" and "end year" for ships to appear. But that'd just complicate things.

Back