• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Shiver me Thimbers help me potc slo motion

hello there fellow pirates
this is my sailing story anyone there reading< when i first got the game and the mod i install it went fine with smooth performance and great graphics in windowed mode because the game old engine does not support direct x 11 but its ok since i got enb and a good resolutiion i played it for 6months and decided to stop for awhile like 2mothns of none playing and when i tried to play again in my good grief i can no longer load my save games i tried a new game but boom! it just go slo mo i tried to press time speed up its working i mean its working its speeding up but my 1x game speed (which is should be the game speeed) is on very slo motion HELP ME FELLLOW PIRATES
sad.gif

Ahoy mate! :dance

That is an unusual problem, and yet it is not unusual. I have had installs that worked fine until I let them set for a few months, and then they did not want to work anymore. And I have one old install that sat for nearly a year and still works ok. o_O

Try this: Open your POTC folder and delete your "options" folder. Sometimes that will get an install working again. But note that you will have to reset all of your options.

Ahoy mate! :dance

That is an unusual problem, and yet it is not unusual. I have had installs that worked fine until I let them set for a few months, and then they did not want to work anymore. And I have one old install that sat for nearly a year and still works ok. o_O

Try this: Open your POTC folder and delete your "options" folder. Sometimes that will get an install working again. But note that you will have to reset all of your options.
you life saver thanks for quickidy reply captain!! but ok ill try what you said sir so i have to delete my old option file in the game directory and start a new game?

Well, I would also suggest maybe you DL a new graphics driver, since the beta Nividia driver came out in that time.

Does this problem occur in ALL locations or only inside ones? Sometimes it happens online inside.

yeah thanks for the tips guys and yeah i have a updated graphics driver which i thinks is 296version i think? and it happens when i start a new game it goes really like the matrix bullet avoiding slo motion .....when i try to install the game again it runs smoothly with max settings and in windowed mode only becuase i think the game engine is too old for my huge screen and after a hour or sooo when i stop playing for several hours when i try to play again boom slo motion needs install again :(

System specs and operating system??

Drew Long might have figured out your problem. The latest drivers from both nvidia and ati are causing problems. Try going back to slightly older drivers.

Also, very rarely the mouse will respond in slo mo indoors. This has only happened to me once in 2 years.

If you have an nvidia video card, POTC shows up in your control panel as "CossacksII". Don't ask me why. You can set up your card just for POTC there.

How huge is your screen? I use a 23" monitor @ 1920X1080 full screen with no problems. What is your fps on land when it is running in slo mo?

my fps in slo motion is 45 and above my screen is syncmaster just the medium version 1360x768 resolution my system specs are window 7 ultimate intel@core quad 2.93ghz 2bg ram 64-bit operating sys the slomotion is only in game the menu runs perfect and yeah it appears to be cossack2 when i try to search it in my graphics card

The only thing that jumps out at me about your system is the ram. 2gb is not enough for win 7 64 bit. I am using that system also and as it sits here doing almost nothing it is using 1.73 gb of ram. I have 8 gb total. But I do have 59 processes running too. So, does this happen with any other programs?

Yup, that would be my guess as well, two gig of ram is not enough. You might try defraging your hard drive, but more ram is probably your best bet. Without knowing what video card you have that is about the best we can do.
dunno.gif

Did you just say it runs smooth in windowed mode? That might be your ticket out of this issue.
Open engine.ini in your main game folder and change screen_x and screen_y to your desktop resolution.
That should make the game appear to run fullscreen while still being in windowed mode.
I do that all the time as it allows you to Alt+Tab in and out of the game too.

thanks guys great tips ill try what pieter told me actually the game still runs great in fullscreens the only thing is the resolution cant handle the wideness of le screen my graphics card oh its n vidia geforce 9400gt 1gb memory good enough for the old engine fellah but how come my ram is not that enough i mean i only have 21 processes running and most of them are iobit program like defragger anti malware system care my pc is clean and good pretty fast too for its little ram my 2gb is ok for now i even play games that requiress 4 gb ram and above but they all run great without any lags at max settings my real only problem is the not epic slo motion

The game engine it's self was written more than 10 years ago, so there is bound to be some incompatibility issues with today's graphics cards and operating systems. I have a 20' widescreen monitor and an AMD 5770 that runs the game just fine on Windows 7 64 bit, your card should have no problems at all. Try installing DirectX 9, it is more compatible with old games than DirectX 11 and it will run alongside just fine. You can download it from HERE!

Windows 7 handles memory a lot differently than previous versions of Windows, if you were running XP 2 gig might be just enough, but with 7 64 bit you definitely need more than 2 gig to run the operating system properly. Windows 7 will use virtual memory a lot more and that is quite probably where the lag your seeing is coming from.

Directx 11 is built into Windows 7, I don't think there is any way to uninstall it, but DirectX 9 will install and run just fine. The game engine was originally written for DirectX 8, and the DDL's and libraries in 9 are more compatible with older code.

ok ill do that but i found this in iobit uninstaller looks like i have more than 1 microsoft frameworks is that ok does that wont harm my gme? since to me i have the 2005to 20011 minrosoftframeworks

I have no knowledge about that, so do not recommend removing that stuff at this time. I have installed DX9 and it improved performance. I did nothing else.

Back