• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved shoulder shash

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
The character I am using has a bad thing going on with his right shoulder in that the shoulder shash or whatever it is called gets distorted badly with every step.
In this screenie you can see that it is very wide at the shoulder. There is probably no fix for this, but I want it known.

start 2014-02-20 15-26-52-14.jpg

This is fixable, but each character has to done independently.
It requires updating the the gm model with more polygon count, modifying the character texture file, and tweaking the associated animation file.
It just a pain in the butt to crosscheck and takes some work, because many characters use identical gm models and animations.
I did this when I overhauled the "Danielle Sheppard" character into HD because it had so many anomalies, and I could not stand it and made my own files.

Danielle.jpg

NOTE: Any hero coded character modified must use the the exact same file names or the game will not recognize the changes and still requires a console fix override.
MK did this with a couple of the imported POTEHO characters, most notably Ned Ogle that he replaced with a dutch pirate character to which I changed back to the updated russian version but still kept the heros in check.

Back