• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Sidequests for Additional Storylines

Nelson storyline: I completed" Strange things going on in the Carribean". It seems to be
almost right. But the opportunity to kill Yedam Kinne is missing.
Where should that opportunity present itself? Do you have a savegame just prior to that point so I can double-check what is and isn't happening?

Where should that opportunity present itself? Do you have a savegame just prior to that point so I can double-check what is and isn't happening?
Logfiles says:moddingRROR - Quest name Yedam_kinne_attack NOT found in ANY function.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Barbados. Bridgetown February 11th, 1779 3.zip
    724.3 KB · Views: 86
The log file is indeed. Extract attached to PROGRAM\Storyline\Nelson\quests and it should work.

I've got to say that I quite like the .log files mentioning when quest cases or characters are missing.
Normally I don't pat my own back, but indeed that was me who added it and it just makes a lot of things so much easier.... :wp

Anyway, I did expect problems like this to occur with the Beta 3.5 WIP but at least they're easily fixed when found.
It is because the sidequest code is scattered ALL over the place so it is quite impossible to find all the relevant parts in one go.

If the quest code isn't there in the Nelson storyline folder, then it should be found in PROGRAM\Storyline\standard\quests
and can be cut and pasted from there into Nelson's both_reaction.c file.
For missing characters, they would be hiding in PROGRAM\Storyline\standard\characters\init and have to be moved to PROGRAM\Characters\init\SideQuest.c .

Attachments

• both_reaction.zip
    38.2 KB · Views: 74
Nelson storyline: Completed "The Silver Train" it works just fine.
I use your fix for Strange Things going on in the Carribean, and it
solve the problem I think the quest is OK now.
PS. Yes the logfiles are relay helpful and a smart feature.

Last edited:
I just moved the Nelson both_reaction.c file to PROGRAM\QUESTS\quests_side.c .
You know what this means? It means that the sidequests now really SHOULD be working in every single storyline at once!
There may be some issues with it here and there, but this is another large step.

In the meantime, I also cleaned up the quest items stuff so their code is only where it should be and not all over the place.
The #define-based references are all gone to prevent confusion as well. Plus I got rid of all sorts of useless and double stuff in the RESOURCE\INI folder.

We're getting there....

Should I continue with testing all the sidequest?
Please do!
There are likely still some issues like the ones you found earlier and those aren't fixed in my game version either.
But as you find them, we can sort them out. I wasn't planning on posting my latest work until I have done some more anyway.

Nelson storyline: Artois Voysey quest, there is no men standing over Artois body.

Attachments

• error.log
    9.5 KB · Views: 92
  • compile.log
    17.3 KB · Views: 76
Yup, missing characters:
Code:
ERROR - Missing Character ID: Pirates_1
ERROR - Missing Character ID: Pirates_2
ERROR - Missing Character ID: Pirates_3
Will be fixed on the next update.
Does this break the quest as well?

Yes. The quest is broken. BTW: The soldiers who was arresting me,was wearing
Portuquese uniforms.

Last edited:
Ouch! Are you able to continue with the other sidequests?

I have marked Artois as broken for now, to be tested again when the next version is posted.
Still have a fair bit of work to do; have to figure out all the player types and how they relate to actual custom opening scenes....

Yes. Im still going on testing. Im not sure of the priority, so what will be the next one.

The ones listed here were already working a long time ago, so I doubt those have gotten broken:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/wiki/the-buccaneer-story/
I have marked those as "WAS OK" on the list.
Would still be valuable to have that confirmed, but perhaps that can wait until most of the reworking work has been completed.

The most important ones are those that aren't marked with anything yet on the list.
Skip on Help the Church though! That one had some item confusion, so it needs testing again after I make the next update.

After I'm done merging Free Play storylines, a new game will definitely be enforced again because some of those the old storylines won't even exist anymore.

Nelson storyline: The French pirate in tavern. Claire Larrouse is not present on Barbados, quest broken.

Attachments

• error.log
    668 bytes · Views: 91
  • compile.log
    27.6 KB · Views: 76
Nelson Storyline: Thierry Bosquet. Logfiles say: ERROR - Quest name prepare_thierry_bosquet_fight NOT found in ANY function.
Quest broken.

Attachments

• error.log
    184 bytes · Views: 77
  • compile.log
    12.8 KB · Views: 75
Thierry Bosquet should be fixed in the next update.
You can also skip on the Smuggling for Thomas 'O Reily because I think some of that code was missing too.
I added it back now so hopefully that will be better as well upon the next update.

Yes. The quest is broken. BTW: The soldiers who was arresting me,was wearing
Portuquese uniforms.
Those are the ones in the tavern, right? Indeed they're hard-coded to be Portuguese.
Of course that wouldn't be period-correct, so I'm putting a GetCurrentLocationNation() in there instead.
See if that makes more sense....

Back