• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Sidequests for Additional Storylines

Nelson storyline: The French pirate in tavern. Claire Larrouse is not present on Barbados, quest broken.
Looks like the game assumes that you already have three officers with you, so when you don't, the errors occur.
I have now put some checks in place that prevent this error so that you can continue like normal.
Will also be in the next update.

I also noticed that my "fort commander sends reinforcements" thing occurs in this scene as well,
which I definitely need to prevent at some point because that isn't supposed to happen there. :facepalm

@ANSEL: Extract attached to PROGRAM\Storyline\Nelson\quests .
This should fix the Thierry Bosquet scene, get the Claire Larrousse sidequest playable again and hopefully sort out the Smuggling for O'Reilly as well.

Attachments

• both_reaction.zip
    39.1 KB · Views: 79
@ANSEL: Extract attached to PROGRAM\Storyline\Nelson\quests .
This should fix the Thierry Bosquet scene, get the Claire Larrousse sidequest playable again and hopefully sort out the Smuggling for O'Reilly as well.
Yes, both quest are now playable. But I have to deal with the "fort commander sends reinforcements" thing. Also in the Thierry quest, when meeting him in
the jungle, logfiles says something like" missing pirate", anyway both Quest are playable now.

Nigel Blythe Quest: Logfiles says: ERROR - Quest name killing_artois NOT found in ANY function.
The game freeze, Quest broken.

Search for Peter Bloods Ship: Pedro Rivera has no dialog, quest broken.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Guadeloupe. Jungle January 11th, 1780.zip
    852.7 KB · Views: 64
Logfiles says: ERROR - Missing Character ID: France_bukaner_01. The quest it self just works fine anyway.
Thanks! The missing guy still needs to be added; should just be a cut-and-paste fix. :doff

Search for Peter Bloods Ship: Pedro Rivera has no dialog, quest broken.
Confirmed and fixed. Strange though, because I actually had to mess around with the quest coding itself and I really have no clue why that code wasn't already correct to begin with.
Then I also ran into this issue which is even weirder. When is the last time anybody played this sidequest, I wonder? :shock

Cargo for Thomas O`reilly: I dont think the Quest is there, you just get a ordinary cargo quest talking to O`reilly.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Jamaica. Kingston store December 26th, 1779.zip
    835.6 KB · Views: 63
  • error.log
    252 bytes · Views: 73
  • compile.log
    2.7 KB · Views: 70
I have done the Quest, but not in this savegame, when delivering the cargo QB is not updating, i must agree im confused.
The savegame is at the point when I agree to do the job. Maybee a new game is needed to be sure everything is OK.

Looks like for this to show up, you need enough free cargo space AND Andre Juliao must still be alive and well in the Martinique tavern.

You were right, lack of cargo space, was the problem. So the quest is OK.
Now I will continue with the Smugling for O`Reilly.

Back