• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3.5 Internal WIP For Testing

Thanks for that, Pieter, but pushing F11 did not help. I'll get the latest

Last edited:
:shipI am very happy to report several hours of error free game play with the most recent WIP.

A couple of things I thought I would mention -- when you hire those specific officers they some times with several blades and on one occasion when I robbed a street merchant no guards sh0wed up.

A couple of things I thought I would mention -- when you hire those specific officers they some times with several blades
That's a bit peculiar; they should be hired the same way as the regular tavern officers are.
Only their generation is different; perhaps that is where it happens?

on one occasion when I robbed a street merchant no guards sh0wed up.
There could be two reasons for that:
- The merchant didn't have any items at all because you didn't talk to him/her yet
- The location was already so crowded that no more guards fitted in

Did you kill the merchant or only rob?

That's a bit peculiar; they should be hired the same way as the regular tavern officers are.
Only their generation is different; perhaps that is where it happens?

There could be two reasons for that:
- The merchant didn't have any items at all because you didn't talk to him/her yet
- The location was already so crowded that no more guards fitted in

Did you kill the merchant or only rob?
I only robbed him. He had plenty of items and over 500.000. I never ever kill them. In this case the alarm wasn't triggered. , but only this once.

Were there a LOT of characters in the location at the time? Or some corpses lying around already?
That might explain it.

First of all I don't think it is really a problem. It has happened before in earlier versions very, very rarely. I don't specifically remember, but I think the most likely explanation is that there were too many characters, no corpses though.

Pieter,
Couple of issues in 3.5 (may also have been in 3.4) Standard Storyline

Danielle does not attack Blaze in Rhiems' cabin. I changed the following line in quests_reaction.c
LAi_ActorAttack(characterFromID("danielle"), characterFromID("blaze"), "");
to
LAi_ActorAnimation(characterFromID("danielle"), "attack_2", characterFromID("blaze"), -1);

Also, when taking the idol in Greenford port there is a problem with the code in quest_reaction.c The following is the changed code that worked for me. However, the storm happens when the talk with researcher is completed on Lighthouse shore - I couldn't make this happen when you went to sea???

case "return_idol_from_frigate_complete":
pchar.quest.return_idol_from_frigate1.over = "yes";
pchar.quest.return_idol_from_frigate.over = "yes";
Island_SetReloadEnableGlobal("Oxbay", true);
bQuestDisableMapEnter = false; //CTM
AddQuestRecord("Revenge_for_Silehard", "8");
ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("researcher"), "oxbay_lighthouse", "goto24");
GiveItem2Character(pchar, INCAS_IDOL);
if(AUTO_SKILL_SYSTEM) { AddPartyExpChar(pchar, "Leadership", 30000); }
else { AddPartyExp(pchar, 30000); }

if (ENABLE_FLAGS == 1) iForceDetectionFalseFlag = 0; // KK

pchar.quest.main_line = "blaze_search_danielle_again";

pchar.quest.to_lighthouse_to_meet_danielle_before_storm.win_condition.l1 = "location";
pchar.quest.to_lighthouse_to_meet_danielle_before_storm.win_condition.l1.location = "Oxbay_lighthouse";
pchar.quest.to_lighthouse_to_meet_danielle_before_storm.win_condition = "to_lighthouse_to_meet_danielle_before_storm";

break;

case "to_lighthouse_to_meet_danielle_before_storm":
PlaceCharacter(characterFromID("researcher"), "goto");
LAi_SetActorType(characterFromID("researcher"));
LAi_ActorDialog(characterFromID("researcher"), pchar, "", 20.0, 1.0);
CloseQuestheader("Revenge_for_Silehard");
break;

case "prepare_for_storm":
AddQuestrecord("Where_are_i", 1);
Pchar.quest.before_storm.win_condition.l1 = "MapEnter";
Pchar.quest.before_storm.win_condition = "before_storm";

I have extended the Blaque side quest dialogue files to finish off the side quest and leave Mark in the Store so he can be hired.
Attached are the updated dialogue files for Milon, Rachelle and Mark.

Attachments

• Blaque.7z
    7.9 KB · Views: 64
That is brilliant! I'll include it in the next modpack update.

Not entirely sure what is wrong with that Standard storyline.

Hi Pieter,
Got through the entire standard storyline on the previous WIP. Balancing was good in general - Ship and land battles were good - occaisional CTD's but less than previous editions. Was surprised how good it played.

Just DLed the latest WIP 26 March and installer. Installed them over my previous WIP. Have an issue at start-up - guests reaction.c won't load

Attachments

• compile.log
    12.6 KB · Views: 58
  • error.log
    2 KB · Views: 68
  • system.log
    27.4 KB · Views: 64
Just DLed the latest WIP 26 March and installer. Installed them over my previous WIP. Have an issue at start-up - guests reaction.c won't load
Do you have the EXE from this thread's opening post? Perhaps try to install the ZIP attached as well?
Shouldn't make a difference, really. That error.log does refer to a line I have been messing around with, so I'll double-check that the Standard storyline runs on my game tonight.
In the meantime, you can replace the Standard storyline quests_reaction.c file with the previous version if you still have that.

Thanks Pieter,
I was giving Nelson a go - had a sea battle with a couple of French 4th rate ships - didn't go well for the Beagle. One thing I did notice was that I didn't loose any cannons considering I took a huge amount of damage??

One thing I did notice was that I didn't loose any cannons considering I took a huge amount of damage??
I haven't paid attention to that for a while, but I do remember losing cannons before and don't think any related code was changed.
Perhaps you were lucky?

Yep,
Last version lost lots of cannons over the game. These ships were targeting my sails though - luck may be the case this time - will let you know if the same is consistently happening.
Thanks for you quick responses.

Just tried another sea battle - did loose cannons - so not an issue.

Last edited:
Pieter,
Couple of issues in 3.5 (may also have been in 3.4) Standard Storyline

Danielle does not attack Blaze in Rhiems' cabin. I changed the following line in quests_reaction.c
LAi_ActorAttack(characterFromID("danielle"), characterFromID("blaze"), "");
to
LAi_ActorAnimation(characterFromID("danielle"), "attack_2", characterFromID("blaze"), -1);
I just ran into the same issue and I traced it to PROGRAM\Loc_ai\templates\LAi_fight.c:
Code:
bool LAi_tmpl_SetFight(aref chr, aref target)
{
   //if (chr.chr_ai.group == target.chr_ai.group) return false; // KK
   if(!LAi_tmpl_fight_InitTemplate(chr)) return false;
   LAi_tmpl_fight_SetTarget(chr, target);
That line marked "KK" was preventing them from fighting, so I removed it and now it works again for the Peter Blood sidequest at least.
Not at all sure why that issue suddenly cropped up and how long we have had that bug. That line of code must have been there forever.
Did nobody notice until now? Or did something change recently that caused this to be a problem? If so: when?

@Grey Roger: Do you have a savegame prior to the scene where the fort commander joins the fight when he shouldn't?
I'd like to play through it myself so I can see why SoldierReinforcements is being triggered and hopefully figure out a way to avoid it.
Try this. You're on the other beach, just after you've landed. Proceed to the next beach, go to the farthest away of two paths from the beach (if you go up the wrong path, you won't need to worry about the commandant's reinforcements!), and don't run too far ahead because Sharpe has his own ideas about what to do at the bridge. His men do their stuff, the fighting starts, and that's when the reinforcements arrive. They're not the problem, though - it's when the commandant himself joins in the fight that the quest gets derailed because when he gets killed, he can't surrender the fort and let you progress the quest.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Cuba.zip
    785 KB · Views: 68
that's when the reinforcements arrive. They're not the problem, though - it's when the commandant himself joins in the fight that the quest gets derailed because when he gets killed, he can't surrender the fort and let you progress the quest.
Thanks! The main point is that feature isn't intended to activate in such quest cases in the first place.

Try this. You're on the other beach, just after you've landed. Proceed to the next beach, go to the farthest away of two paths from the beach (if you go up the wrong path, you won't need to worry about the commandant's reinforcements!), and don't run too far ahead because Sharpe has his own ideas about what to do at the bridge. His men do their stuff, the fighting starts, and that's when the reinforcements arrive. They're not the problem, though - it's when the commandant himself joins in the fight that the quest gets derailed because when he gets killed, he can't surrender the fort and let you progress the quest.
Thanks again! I put the check now on character dialog file instead of character ID. That is much less likely to mess up quests.

Large update to opening post EXE, including the sidequests being enabled in ALL storylines and with Nelson+BBF+Aubrey+Lafitte joined as one single Free Play storyline.
Please give it a try, especially the different starting options. You can mix and match settings for the Free Play storyline as you want.
I'm sure there's room for improvement, but at least it is another step in the right direction.

And of course: New game required PLUS all save folders from the removed storylines will be DELETED!

Back