• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Simplified Code for Build 14 Beta 3.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I did and it works.
Maybe you have some other mod installed too which has done something with the pistols?
Havn't we had exactly this conversation already? :cheeky

Attachments

• pistol9 + 3 x pistol5.jpg
    pistol9 + 3 x pistol5.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 125
And I did and it works.
Maybe you have some other mod installed too which has done something with the pistols?
Havn't we had exactly this conversation already? :cheeky

We have, and since then I have seen the way this works and works well. It's just the highest level it doesn't work for me. I don't think I have some other mod installed that would do this, but I can't be sure. It doesn't really impact game play much. So I will just wait for the next update and load it and see what happens.

Appreciate all your effort.

I'm sorry but I don't see why it goes wrong for you. The code is there and even with brave black flag mod "pistol9" is NOT namechanged.

code:
if(gunID2 == "pistol3_14" || gunID2 == "pistol9")
{
right_gun = "pistol5";
}

Ok Jason, I missed the quality of the pistols so the mod worked only for average guns.
Copy in this file under PROGRAM\Loc_ai over the old one. :guns:

Attachments

• LAi_init.c
    15.9 KB · Views: 111
MAJOR NEW UPLOAD!!!

Includes completely replaced Havana, Tortuga and Santo Domingo based on VCO files.
Work done by @Jack Rackham and @Bartolomeu o Portugues .

Link: http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/TEMP/Locations - Spanish+Tortuga.7z
Installation: Extract using 7-Zip on top of an already-working Beta 3.3 WIP release.
NEW GAME REQUIRED!

RECOMMENDATION:

Install this on top of a COPY of your game folder because of the below warning!

WARNING!!!
Because of my severe lack of time, this is a bit of a weird release.
I have NOT tested this myself at all, but it is working for the two modders who made it.
So please test this, let me know if it does/doesn't work and hopefully some time soon I can include it properly in the Beta 3.3 WIP files.

Tortuga , you cant fast travel from the port which makes finding things a bit interesting but when you do find the store ect they are all good allthough the loan shark traps you inside you have to fast travel to your ships deck to get out.

Allso the buildings need to be scaled down a little i feel like tomb thumb.
tomthunb.jpg

Santo Domingo is perfectly fine allthough i did find my exploration cut short in a few places by curbs that were to high to step up apparently.

Havana is working aswell but the tomb thumb thing is out in full force.
tomthunb2.jpg tomthunb3.jpg

yeah i look so small to it like the door is huge and its only meant to be like a home who has a huge door bigger then you at your home

Actually i once went to a weight watchers place with big doors like that i've allso seen a few colonial government buildings and old westpac banks with the same sort of size doors but in this case i think its just a scaling issue and at the moment it works! That's the important thing right now size asside the new environments look rely rely good.

Last edited:
Not sure what could be done about the size of locations. The models come from VCO and I don't think we can scale them up or down.

just letting you know Pieter but if you have the brave black flag it breaks it please fix.
I am severely and insanely limited on time, so be patient. One thing at a time. :whipa

Right now I want to get those locations working and included in the modpack. Once that is included, then Brave Black Flag is up to be merged and included.

Not sure what could be done about the size of locations. The models come from VCO and I don't think we can scale them up or down.
Even if we could scale the .gm models with the TOOL the problems that would mean to the walk_patches...

2 You are not stuck in the loanshark's if you look carefully.

3 The fast travel situation is the same as in the old Tortuga. I didn't change anything that could mess up the quests.

O.O well on the bright side PERFECT opportunity for a Gulivers travels storyline

1 Even if we could scale the .gm models with the TOOL the problems that would mean to the walk_patches...
And any scale up/down actions done through the TOOL would mess up the camera collision detection.
So to do it properly, it would require a lot of work through Maya.

3 The fast travel situation is the same as in the old Tortuga. I didn't change anything that could mess up the quests.
Did Tortuga never have fast travel in port? That should not mess up any quests. If necessary, quests can disable it such as during the opening of the Jack Sparrow storyline.

And the Oranjestad port!!:D
Ah! Thanks for that. Couldn't remember anymore. Will be listed in the proper Change Log for Beta 3.3 . :yes

Did Tortuga never have fast travel in port?
Tortuga has like many towns lines like this:

if(iRealismMode>0 && DISCOVER_FAST_TRAVEL) Locations[n].reload.l3.goto_disable = 1; // Screwface: Disable Go-To location

DISCOVER_FAST_TRAVEL = on by default, iRealismMode I don't know what that is or if it's on/off.
If you visit the shipyard in Tortuga it doesn't enable fast travel.

That is normal. iRealismMode is the options menu realism setting.
It only prevents fast travel the first time, after you discovered the places it will be enabled.
Always works in arcade mode too.

Then I cannot say why fast reload do not work in Tortuga after a first visit to a location. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back