• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Simplified Code for Build 14 Beta 3.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you find this texture?
I thought the one you had was already 2048x2048, but it wasn't at all!
Apparently I royally messed up when you asked me about it before. :facepalm

Anyway, I enlarged your texture to 2048x2048, then searched for a grass texture on Google and added it on top as a semi-transparent layer to add some extra detailing.
Pretty much the same technique I applied to the floor of the Cartagena Palace last year.

Ahhh. Mucho whole bunch more better. It's now back like it was.
You mean the regular ground texture? Indeed that should be exactly the same as it was before.
The Cartagena Palace should be better than before though. :wp

Interesting process :) I could use it one day. Otherwise, I worked on the fountains of this location. I still need to try something before affirming the fountains will be fixed but I'm optimistic...
Tomorrow, this work could be done.

The first one is done. Tomorrow, I'll do the second one...
capture_001_15102014_210531.jpg

I might have made a mistake. :nerbz While smuggling at Cayman I ran into Bartolomeu O' Portogues and teamed up with him. All went well until we got to the square in the new Havana. This part seems to be heavily scripted ans went well until I had to talk to the hangman. There is no hangman! So, I am stuck there unable to move. What is next?B 3 2014-10-15 17-49-22-80.jpg B 3 2014-10-15 17-55-57-74.jpg

EDIT: Nevermind. I replayed from the last save twice and the hangman is there every time.

Last edited:
I remember that part being a bit unreliable.
But I'm not sure why. Might be because there are too many characters in the location.
I seem to remember doing a fix for that before, but perhaps the new location is more crowded.
Didn't we set vcskip on for that part to prevent such issues?

I am having some issues with the ship battle. Each time I engage a ship battle, as I am in a certain distance, the World Map Icon in the left top keeps showing or, be it, I can move out from the battle when ever I want, and when I get too close (Really Close Almost Boarding) from a enemy ship, the battle music just starts and the World Map Icon Disappears (This means the battle has started and I cant get out) How to fix this? What annoys me is the fact that I cant battle with the ACTION Musics and I can get out whenever I want. :shrug

Are there any settings you changed from the default? That doesn't sound quite normal, but may be a side-effect of a changed game preference or realism setting.

It sounds like you are playing with the Open Sea mod enabled. It is like that during battles for some reason. The normal distance of the battle zone is 500 yards but in the OS mod it is 50 yards.

I just ignore the music play normally.

The strangest thing just happened. My game will not load today. It ran fine yesterday and last night but not today. There is no error logs and the compile and system logs just stop while it is loading. Other installs still work tho.

Options delete did it. It has been a long time since this happened to me. I hope it's not related to the election being only 2 weeks away.

New version now available
See opening post. Main new stuff are improvements to the new locations.
We should be pretty close to final quality for those now.

Also included are two mods for testing:
Code:
  . FOR TESTING: Blade Kit reduces blade break chance by 50% by Pieter Boelen
  . FOR TESTING: Compass1  reduces storm  chance by 50% by Pieter Boelen
I hope @Grey Roger and @Dextr can finish these up.

Less storms? Once I get a decent ship I go looking for storms because they really pump up your sailing skills. Otherwise sailing skills hardly advance at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back