• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Simplified Code for Build 14 Beta 3.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a problem with bad rep. It's those who are just starting out and don't know how it works that get in trouble.

The townspeople walking into the middle of a fight are a problem. I often find meself trying to push them away instead of joining in the fun.

I think it's a little too easy to get bad rep. Also, more than a few times, I ended up fighting an entire town because one of my idiot bodyguards hit a civilian while someone was trying to jack me on land.
Ah yes, there is something wrong with the AI groups. But we have nobody available who could figure that one out. :facepalm

I have reworked the landcrew thing:
They fire again, also in the first loaded location.
They are given weapons automatically.
They upgrade their weapons when the player does.
No micromanaging at all with the landcrew, that's still there for officers equipment.

in the next version...

would we be able to get ahold of those fixes now ?

I presume the fix goes in Program files? And this doesn't effect the crew during boarding is that correct?

Yes Jason, boarding crew equips from locker, landcrew is given their stuff automatically.

By now, I have quite a bit of extra content for the actual Beta 3.3 release.
What I do not have, however, is time to put my full attention towards it all to ensure it is being added properly. :facepalm

So far, I have the following:
- Brave Black Flag work by @Jason Maffettone
- Completely redone Tortuga and Santo Domingo from VCO locations by @Jack Rackham and @Bartolomeu o Portugues
- All @Levis' work that I excluded, but am of course still hoping we can fix and reintroduce in the not-so-distant future

What I have as well is just a simple pack of just all latest fixes for the sake of playability.
I could upload that one very soon if people want it.

Opening post updated. File now includes all latest fixes, but basically none of the new material yet.
Just intended for playability. :doff

Yes Jason, boarding crew equips from locker, landcrew is given their stuff automatically.
Actually,

I liked it when you could give your land crew weapons but this could work too. My land crew doesn't seem to ever get any pistols only blades. What's up with that? Boarding is now firing pistols. Huzzah!

Last edited:
My idea is that it's enough to supply your officers with weapons and ammo. You can have up to 10
landcrew so that would be a lot of fixing.

If your player has a gun the landcrew should get one too. Is that not working?

ive not seen them with guns yet no just cutlasses

: the latest lot seems to be useing snake heads for some reason

Last edited:
My idea is that it's enough to supply your officers with weapons and ammo. You can have up to 10
landcrew so that would be a lot of fixing.

If your player has a gun the landcrew should get one too. Is that not working?

No it is not working. I am equipped with a brace of fine pistols and my land crew has only blades.

Also, I am carrying an excellent polish saber and I don't recognize the blades the land crew is carrying. Can you post a list of the blades the land uses or is that selected by the algorithm from blades available in the game.?

I made the mod on build 3-2 with beta3-3 wip2 installed on top. That works.
Now I have tried a clean beta 3-2 with the latest beta3-3 wip3 on top. That works too.
:confused:

Here's the blade code
if(CheckAttribute(blade2, "price"))
{
if(blade2.price >= 8000)
{
right_blade = "blade34";
}
else
{
if(blade2.price >= 4000)
{
right_blade = "blade24";
}
}
else
{
if(blade2.price >= 1000)
{
right_blade = "blade31";
}
}
else
{
if(blade2.price >= 500)
{
right_blade = "blade12";
}
}
else
{
if(blade2.price >= 250)
{
right_blade = "blade10";
}
}
else
{
if(blade2.price >= 50)
{
right_blade = "blade4";
}
}
else
{
if(blade2.price >= 2)
{
//anything better than fists
right_blade = "barmansknife";
}
}
else
{
//player has fists only
right_blade = "bladeX4";
}
}

The idea of the crew's blade is that they should be heavy/broad blades.

That looks pretty slick to me. Now some blades only appear in certain time periods, is that factored in or not? Given you have gotten this working again that seems like a small point. BTW, my land crew is using Dragons Head and a carrying an additional English officers saber.

And land crew pistols?

No I was lazy and didn't mind the time periods. That can of course be added later.

I'm not sure if something IS wrong. Have you any other combination of install or added mods?

gunID2 = the players

if(gunID2 == "pistolmket" || gunID2 == "pistolmtoon" || gunID2 == "pistol10")
{
right_gun = "pistolbbuss";
}

if(gunID2 == "pistolbbuss")
{
right_gun = "pistol3";
}

if(gunID2 == "pistol3_14" || gunID2 == "pistol9")
{
right_gun = "pistol5";
}

if(gunID2 == "pistol8")
{
right_gun = "pistol6";
}

if(gunID2 == "pistol7" || gunID2 == "pistol6" || gunID2 == "PiratesPistol")
{
right_gun = "pistol2";
}

if(gunID2 == "pistol4" || gunID2 == "pistol4_1")
{
right_gun = "pistol7";
}

if(gunID2 == "pistol5" || gunID2 == "pistol3")
{
right_gun = "PiratesPistol";
}

if(gunID2 == "pistol2" || gunID2 == "pistol1")
{
right_gun = "pistol1";
}

if(gunID2 == "")
{
right_gun = "";
}

The idea of both blades and guns are that landcrew weapons should be some levels lower than the players.
If you equip officers it's likeky that they will get your second best weapons, which may give them something in between.
Landcrew are not given muskets or musketoons as that mod not works so well with more than one shooter.
The Blunderbuss is upgraded a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back