• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Smuggling: Bribing Does Not Work Without Closing Dialog

Jack Rackham

ex train dispatcher
Quest Writer
Storm Modder
When a smuggler asks for 5000 for some reason he's doesn't think it's enough but repeats his demand.
Only when I exited the dialog and started a new with him he stopped asking for another 5000 over and over again.
A loop in the dialog file?

Looking at the code, the reason becomes obvious:
Code:
     //Added by Levis for liking
     case "Pay":
       PlayStereoSound("INTERFACE\took_item.wav");
       AddMoneyToCharacter(Pchar, -1 * sti(pchar.quest.smuggling_guild.pay_redeem));
       AddDialogExitQuest("Smuggler Paid for relation");
       Dialog.snd = "voice\SMAG\SMAG005";
       d.Text = DLG_TEXT[30];
       Link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[10];
       Link.l1.go = "Meeting_1";
     break;
     //End add
That AddDialogExitQuest of course doesn't execute until the dialog exits. :facepalm

Simple fix: Force the dialog to exit! :whipa
Code:
     //Added by Levis for liking
     case "Pay":
       PlayStereoSound("INTERFACE\took_item.wav");
       AddMoneyToCharacter(Pchar, -1 * sti(pchar.quest.smuggling_guild.pay_redeem));
       Dialog.snd = "voice\SMAG\SMAG005";
       d.Text = DLG_TEXT[30];
       Link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[49];
       Link.l1.go = "Exit_Pay"; // PB: Above AddDialogExitQuest needs to be executed!
     break;

case "AfterPay":
       d.Text = DLG_TEXT[50];
       Link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[10];
       Link.l1.go = "Meeting_1";
     break;
     //End add

Yes the case afterpay should just be an dialog exit case then or go to one.
So Link.l1.go should just go to exit.

Yes the case afterpay should just be an dialog exit case then or go to one.
So Link.l1.go should just go to exit.
I've already set it up in my game with some added explanatory dialog.
Will need testing, of course, but no extra work needed by you for now. :doff

Looks okay for me. Please test to see if it works.

Looks okay for me. Please test to see if it works.
Did you check it in the game? I know that I just changed the code and for all I know, I could have completely broken the dialog.

haven't tested it ingame but looks like a typo I made when making this. From what I see it should all work okay.

Anyone tested this already?
If you start with a freeplay Navel character it should be triggered instantly.
@Hylie Pistof you tend to either make the smugglers love you or hate you so maybe you encountered the bribe Dialog already? Is it working?

I have seen no bribe dialog. But I have done very little smuggling as it seems to guarantee fighting which I want to avoid.

But I have done very little smuggling as it seems to guarantee fighting which I want to avoid.
You do realise right that has by now already been changed based on the feedback from you and several other people. :wp

So please DO test it again and see if it is indeed better now. If not, then more work will be done.
But not using a feature because it didn't work right in the past and has been changed now means that we don't ever find out if the changes actually worked. ;)

I have seen no bribe dialog. But I have done very little smuggling as it seems to guarantee fighting which I want to avoid.
LOL someone else just commented yestday that smuggling now became almost risk free without any fight XD.

Could someone test this for me?
Maybe @Mirsaneli or @jsv ?
else I will test it when I'm home.
You can Trigger the Dialog with the following command
Code:
ChangeSmugglerLiking(pchar, -100);

I'll try in the evening. Tavern dialogs are still a little bit completely broken, but I'll try :)

Just tested this myself, since I want to see this matter CLOSED!
Anyway, seems to be working.

I also saw this when starting the dialog:
upload_2015-12-29_13-58-52.png

Seemed a bit unnatural to me, since you sort-of don't even KNOW the guy is a smuggler agent at that point.
That led to me making various changes to hopefully improve the flow of the dialog a bit; see attached.

I won't claim it is perfect like this, but should be at least a bit better. :doff

Attachments

• Smuggler Agent_dialog.c
    7.4 KB · Views: 99
  • Smuggler Agent_dialog.h
    3.5 KB · Views: 107
Looks good to me.

Back