• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Smuggling: Eleuthera has Smuggling Goods when it shouldn't

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
Why does Eleuthera have contraband goods on the colonies screen when there are no beaches to smuggle to, no smugglers Agents in the taverns, & the island .init file shows no contraband goods.

islands_init.c
Code:
    rIsland.Trade.Export.id1 = GOOD_TOBACCO;
     rIsland.Trade.Export.id2 = GOOD_COFFEE;
     rIsland.Trade.Export.id3 = GOOD_COPRA;
     rIsland.Trade.Export.id4 = GOOD_ALE;
     rIsland.Trade.Export.id5 = GOOD_FOOD;
     rIsland.Trade.Export.id6 = GOOD_TREATMENT;
     rIsland.Trade.Export.id7 = GOOD_RUM;
     rIsland.Trade.Import.id1 = GOOD_PLANKS;
     rIsland.Trade.Import.id2 = GOOD_SAILCLOTH;
     rIsland.Trade.Import.id3 = GOOD_WHEAT;
     rIsland.Trade.Import.id4 = GOOD_WINE;
     rIsland.Trade.Import.id5 = GOOD_GOLD;
     rIsland.Trade.Import.id6 = GOOD_SILVER;
     rIsland.Trade.Import.id7 = GOOD_SUGAR;

:shrug

Attachments

• PotC Smug Goods Eleuthera.jpg
    PotC Smug Goods Eleuthera.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 146
Also why does Eleuthera have contraband goods on the colonies screen when there are no beaches to smuggle to, no smugglers Agents in the taverns, & the island .init file shows no contraband goods.
Ah, I remember you changing that in the islands_init.c file.
Probably @Levis' dynamic effect on smuggling goods does not take into account islands with NO smuggling goods (like Eleuthera) and possible also not those with ONLY smuggling goods (like Antigua).
So then the code ends up figuring "hey, there are no smuggling goods; how about adding some". :facepalm

dynamic effect on smuggling goods does not take into account islands with NO smuggling goods (like Eleuthera) and possible also not those with ONLY smuggling goods (like Antigua).
So then the code ends up figuring "hey, there are no smuggling goods; how about adding some". :facepalm

Antigua appears to be OK - since it only has smuggled goods :onya

:drunk

Attachments

• PotC Smug Goods Antigua.jpg
    PotC Smug Goods Antigua.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 163
PROGRAM\Smuggling.c adding the line marked PB here will probably help on a new game:
Code:
void setIslandSmugglingContraband(ref sisland)
{
   //This function add contraband to the island depending on the smuggling state. For now smugglers can't handle more then
   //4 pieces of contraband on a island and I dont think this should be more either.
   //Remove old contraband
   if(!CheckAttribute(sisland,"smuggling.state")) return; //If there is no coastguard, there can't be contraband
   if(sisland.id == "Antigua")  return; //  We don't want to change the contraband for Antigua
   if(sisland.id == "Eleuthera") return; // PB: We don't want to change the contraband for Eleuthera either
   if(CheckAttribute(sisland,"Trade.Contraband"))

Fixed it is then!

I suppose it's not worth adding a beach so that it IS possible, is it?

I don't know.
There is no reason why there should not be Smugglers - ( not a Pirate island at any time ) though it is part of the Bahamas - so should it be Pirate between 1715 - 1720 :shrug

Adding a beach to the island map & linking it to one of the jungle sections - is not something I know how to do :modding

There is the passageway / tunnel between one of the taverns ( can't remember if it is Alice Town or Governors Harbour ) and a cave in the jungle - perhaps a beach could be added on to the tunnel ( similar to the one on St Martin ).

These are ideas only - for Beta 5 / Build 15. :napoleon

I don't think they should be done for Beta 4 :no

:drunk

I can take a look later tomorrow. Either explain or do something. Have to leave right now.

I found a beach on Eleuthera already: Eleuthera_shore_ship. Do you still want another one?

But it's not defined in Islands.c

Last edited:
moved this back to keep easier track of it

I found a beach on Eleuthera already: Eleuthera_shore_ship.
That particular beach model doesn't have the "smg.gm" file and I don't think it has ever been used for smuggling before.
It may not work. Or require a fair bit of figuring out to get it operational.
But if that one can be made to work, that would be fine by me too. :doff

It's difficult anyway so I go for a standard smuggler shore. About where to place it on the island:
There are some not used reload locators. I'm going to see where I end up using them to start with.

I have added a shore with contact to the wine cellar (= Eleuthera_tavern_upstairs) in Eleuthera port. It's possible to sail
to and from it and the fastreload icon works. Smuggling.c fixed + a smuggler is placed in Eleuthera_tavern.

The only shore-looking place was = one of the unused reloads so I chose that one.

Trying to sail from the shore: the wind (or what it is) makes it impossible to leave the cove. Narrow entrance.
So only by choosing the compass icon you get to sea (worldmap).

Trying to find the shore from worldmap and switch to sailing close to the Island: I can't find the shore!!
Only fastreload works (if you have been there earlier I guess).

Attachments

• Eleuthera_shore1.jpg
    Eleuthera_shore1.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 147
  • Eleuthera_shore2.jpg
    Eleuthera_shore2.jpg
    405.5 KB · Views: 130
I believe we had the problem with the other new beach to. Please take a look in the topic I posted above. I think the answer is in there round the end of page 2 or page 3 I think

If I understand @Jack Rackham correctly, everything works fine with the new beach.
The only issue is that the bay is narrow and it is hard to get out. Right?
But that is not something that can be easily changed, so we'll probably just have to live with that. :shrug

Back