• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

So, when will rain and twisters be put back into POTC?

tommy61157

Unofficial Pirate Potato
Staff member
QA Tester
Provisional
Storm Modder
During storms in the most recent build 14, there are no rain or twisters, just damaging waves, is anyone fixing this right now? It's been an issue for a little while now... Just go see for yourself.

?????????????????????????????????????

I get in storms with rain and twisters most every day. The storms are too bright, being no more than a cloudy day, but there is rain and twisters in them.

Not when I play and there are no error logs either, which is weird...I'll try re-installing

They were not intentionally removed and should still be there. On the other hand, we have managed in the past to accidentally remove it. But we haven't touched any relevant code for a while.

"The storms are too bright, being no more than a cloudy day".
That is Armada's changed sea colour at work. There's no longer any difference between storms and the regular sea colour.

"The storms are too bright, being no more than a cloudy day".
That is Armada's changed sea colour at work. There's no longer any difference between storms and the regular sea colour.
Actually, the storms were too bright during the day even before my changes. The sea was just black, instead.
What storms are missing is a darker sky, a foggy atmosphere (for low visibility) and larger waves.

From what I saw of that Build 13 screenshot, a major difference is the visibility; that Build 13 screenie just had a lot of bad visibility which does help with making it look storm-like.

yeah, but my problem is resolved now, just to clarify.

From what I saw of that Build 13 screenshot, a major difference is the visibility; that Build 13 screenie just had a lot of bad visibility which does help with making it look storm-like.

Visibility does have a lot to do with it. Right now the visibility actually gets much worse when a storm ends! I keep forgetting to get before and after screenies, but that is what happens. Also I believe that the waves were bigger.

Guys, honestly, Idk where you are coming up with these problems, lately it seems that at least for me, the only problem is maybe the clouds being too bright occasionally.

Discussions in other threads have covered the storms in Beta 2 being less 'epic' than Build 13. It just seems to have leaked into this thread as well.
There is also currently a discussion about the water properties again, which is partly related to storms.

Back