• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Some bugs in GoF 1.2?

Dat Scharger

Master Mariner
Hello,

I'm playing with the splendificent mod GoF 1.2 (including the mod-patch) and I actually think , that AoP2 is better than PotBS, if not the currently best pirate game out there. Here is at least no one who will gank you with overpowered frigates if you captured a ship of the line and you get good prices for selling ships (not the few hundred dubloons for a LV 50-Ship). And if you die horribly, just load.
So first of all, thank you for GoF!

Well, I have some issues with the mod and I hope, you could help me. Maybe I'm just stoopid (error intended)?

There are some problems with the sounds and musictracks.
I think, the mod is supposed to add (or overwrite?) files, and I followed the installation instructions correctly (I hope so). But I'm still hearing the default sounds, for example the skeleton and the music for towns. And for sea battles, I feel like there are just 3 different types of music (default of course) and not the gorgeus ones from GoF.

Does the mod REALLY add/overwrite files or do I have to replace the files by myself? The instructions said, I just have to copy the files into the AoP2-folder.

And another bug, but a "minor" one:

Why can't I capture some enemy ships? My Navigation-Skill is high enough to command the Battle Man-O-War properly and sometimes, when I sail near a surrendered ship, I can't board it. Is this a bug or are there unfilled conditions before boarding is possible?

I hope, my English is understandable and that you can help me with your mod. :)

Last edited:
I was waiting for someone else to reply. So....

I never played vanilla COAS so do not know what music is stock and which is not.

I do not know if the surrendered ship bug has been fixed or not. As I understand it if you talk to the other Captain it bugs the game so they no longer can be boarded.
I never talk to anyone and no ship has surrendered before being boarded.

Nobody an idea? :(
Stock music was not replaced on GOF 1.2 it was supplemented with additional music from other sources, all music is controlled by the music_alias.ini file and plays in random order. The game remembers the last piece of music played for position and if not completed due to a player action, will "restart" the next instance it is used. That is why pieces are replaying frequently. If you shuffle the order in the alias, or modify the file you can get it do anything you want. I have noticed that if you use ogg, mp3, and wav music files you can get stuck on specific types of files. Make sure all music is the same file type and is rerouted to the correct folder.

Regarding the boarding issues it sounds like you have the "boarding bug" caused by talking to enemy captains and surender code as Hylie mentioned do a search of posts by me and you will see the descriptions. No fix has been written yet for this bug.

Last edited:
Back