• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Awaiting Info Some funky stuff going on with Artois

Ketchup

Sailor
Basically, in the Tales of a Sea Hawk quest, at San Juan, I can't remember the name of the quest book entry, but it's before where you go to the Lighthouse to meet Clement, but there is soldiers who say he's in prison, a new ship spawns with Artois as the captain, however I can still have him in my passenger interface or even still with me. If I capture another ship, I get the option to add him as the captain but when I do the game crashes. Sometimes, he even disappears for no reason. If he is the captain of the other ship, Danielle gets removed from the party, and when I go to the light house, it is locked.

NOTE :: I can sell the ship that spawns at San Juan, and Danielle is still in my party and the lighthouse is unlocked.

Log files and savegame, please?

Artois has no quest involvement there and never gets his own ship.
Is it not Nigel Blythe by any chance? o_O

I killed Nigel the first time I was in Nevis. I will upload later tomorrow. Also, my previous error for the c++ runtime crash was because Artois had completely disappeared from my crew, I replayed the quest, he is there and the game doesn't give me that error if it crashes.

What do you mean by "disappeared"?
Replaced with an empty invalid officer slot?

No I mean he isn't there any more, not in the passenger interface or captain of a ship or in the character menu.

But is there now an "empty slot"? Because that is something that we've had happen before.

Basically, in the Tales of a Sea Hawk quest, at San Juan, I can't remember the name of the quest book entry, but it's before where you go to the Lighthouse to meet Clement, but there is soldiers who say he's in prison, a new ship spawns with Artois as the captain, however I can still have him in my passenger interface or even still with me. If I capture another ship, I get the option to add him as the captain but when I do the game crashes. Sometimes, he even disappears for no reason. If he is the captain of the other ship, Danielle gets removed from the party, and when I go to the light house, it is locked.
How far had you got with the "Artois Voysey" side quest at this point? Had you been to Sao Jorge so he wandered off, then you checked up on him at the tavern? If so, did you go peacefully with the soldiers or did you resist arrest? And if you did get this far, when you rescued Artois Voysey from the pirates, did you demand he tell you about the treasure or did you respect his secret?

I'm playing through "Tales of a Sea Hawk" myself and am not as far as that through the main story, nor have I taken Artois Voysey to Sao Jorge yet. Which means if I know exactly what you've done, I can try to replicate the problem in my own game.

@Grey Roger I got as far as him being shot at Port Royal and having to look after him for some time, then go to the waterfall and get the treaure. It is when I get washed up at Bonaire and go to the pirate den to get a ship, when I sail to Puerto Rico with Pinto's pinnace after I killed him. I find my crew again etc and when I sail from San Juan to Bridgetown, a ships spawns with the name Amorale and it is a high tier ship, not a pinnace or a sloop like Danielle's before. Also with Artois as the captain of the ship, Danielle gets removed from my party, so when I go to the lighthouse it is locked.

If you found the treasure, then Artois' sidequest has basically completed.
Whatever happens with him afterwards should not be specific to Artois.

Did you put him in command of a ship yourself?

I did not make him a captain, as he was in my land party as an officer. But he is set as captain of this ship that spawns at San Juan however he is still in my land parry and in the passenger interface.

I cannot say what happened based on your description. As far as I can tell, it sounds like "general weirdness".
We'd really need all relevant log files and a savegame before and after to be able to investigate.
Without those, there isn't anything we can possibly do. :shrug

If Artois Voysey was shot in Port Royale, then at the time when you rescued him from the pirates, you presumably told him that he could keep his secret. In that case, when he finally told you about the treasure, he probably also wanted you to donate some of it to Father Bernard. Did you do so? (I don't think this caused the problem, but I want as much information as possible about what you did so I can try to do the same.)

After being washed ashore and taking over Anacleto Rui Sa Pinto's ship, did you then capture any ships while on the way to San Juan? (I think if you do this, they're lost when you get to San Juan because any prize ships you had before being washed ashore on Bonaire are returned to you, displacing any companion ships you acquired on the way from Bonaire to San Juan. This may cause weirdness. I'm not sure.)

And just to make sure I understand correctly: you arrived at San Juan, talked to Danielle, she joined you as an officer and then Artois Voysey displaced her? Or did she fail to join you after the tavern scenes?

It can't be a coincidence that Amorale was the pinnace you took from Anacleto Rui Sa Pinto. What I'm trying to nail down is how Artois Voysey got that ship but with totally different attributes, starting with type of ship. The only other way I can see that "Amorale" exists in the game is as a random Portuguese ship name - did you capture any Portuguese ships at any time?

I did not capture any ships with Pinto's ship, and I did donate to Father Bernard. I'll upload the save game later from a memory stick or something.

What would be useful is a savegame from before Artois Voysey got the strange ship, especially if this happens consistently for you. If the savegame is after Danielle has disappeared then the log files produced after loading the game won't show anything about her disappearance or Artois getting the ship, as these will already have happened. But if you can load up a savegame from, say, while you're on Bonaire, then go to San Juan and Artois gets the ship and displaces Danielle again, then I can use the same savegame to make the same happen, and whatever is causing it may then show up in the log files.

Ok, it turns out it is not Artois, but it a random member of your crew. The first few times this happened it was with Artois. This time it happened with Leborio Drago. A ship called Amorale is in my ship interface, with Leborio as captain. I'll upload a savegame in a few minutes.

@ANSEL reported an issue with a ship changing type on a Companion Mutiny before, but I fixed that bug a while ago.

What exact game version are you running according to your main game folder?
Please include the version number AND the date shown.

Back