• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Some small update requests

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
While things seem to be calming down and with the Holidays coming up I would like to make three requests of someone who knows how to use Maya. :oops:

1) Could the hull of the Postillionen small frigate get smoothed out? It is a very nice ship except for the sharp angles on the hull.

2) Could the hull of the Lyon Hoy be smoothed out? It is also full of sharp angles.

3) The Apostol Felipe Spanish Treasure Galleon has the high camera bug. Could the flagpole be separated from the hull?

Thank you in advance.

I decided to tackle the Postillionen earlier, and as usual ended up doing more than expected.
As well as smoothing the model, I fixed a couple of UV errors on the keel and rudder, fixed the broken capstan, and fixed the path model so you can climb back up the stairs to the poop deck.
Then, I decided to adjust the deck UVs and assign the same deck texture as the Rossiya, and did the same for the stern windows and glass texture.
I also reorganised the model components between the hull and Part1, purely for cosmetic reasons to make the ship looks more complete in GM Viewer.

I've uploaded the files here: Postillionen_Fix.7z. :type1
They only apply to PO_Postillionen at the moment, so need hex editing for the other versions.

:bow

The Postillionen is a sweet ship. I might be using her yards and such on other ships too.

I have acquired the Apostol Felipe Treasure Galleon and have run into a problem that I seem to be unable to fix. She seems to be stuck in arcade mode. She can sail directly into a strong wind with full sails and will eventually come to a stop, but will not go backwards. If the wind is other than dead ahead she will take off making tacking unnecessary. This is a huge advantage in combat as I easily took out a 5 ship fleet of English galleons because of the manueverability. It is like sailing a huge Xebec.
None of the things that normally change a ship's handling are working, so there must be another file somewhere that is causing this. No changes in ships_init_.c work.

PGargon future proofed this ship really well. There are 2 gun decks that the crew can walk around on but I can not, so this ship should be easier to upgrade than most.
Apostol Felipe-1.jpg

It looks like the line refShip.RigType = "Btn"; is the problem. That apparently sets the ship's closest point and best point of sail to those typical of a brigantine. :facepalm
The stock galleons are set to "Bat" (battleship), but you could use "Gal" (galleon), which I think has the same effect. See the bottom of Ships_init.c for a list of rig types and values.
Hopefully changing that line should help. Be sure to try a new game if the changes don't seem to work in a previous save.

I have already changed that to "Bat", did F11 and saved, and it had no effect. New game? 1000 curses! I just made level 21 and things are going well. :duel: That ship is a bit rare and hard to come by.

Maybe you could use the console to acquire the ship in a new game? Using it just once surely can't hurt.

Ok, the Apostol Felipe is now a normal galleon instead of a Black Pearl type of super ship. New game did it.

Good to know. I noticed the Revenge galleons also use the brigantine rig type, so they will probably need to be changed as well.

In other news, I'll hopefully sort out the Lyon Hoy smoothing later, and possibly the Apostol Felipe flagpole.

Just finished smoothing the Lyon Hoy's hull. Nice and simple this time, as there were no errors to fix, except for an inverted diamond shape on each of the catheads.
Again I assigned the new deck and glass textures, and also remapped the cannons to use a single, better texture.
The files are available here and only apply to FR_Hoy at the moment: LyonHoy_fix.7z

Armada Mate,

I am updating ships in GOF Eras and tried using your new Postillionen fix. Its clear that the hull is smoother and looks good, but its grey in COAS now. Are there any new textures I should be adding along with? AND - will this be the case also when I update Centurion and Lyon Hoy?

MK

Ah, yes I did remap a few things to use new/alternative textures. Similar things apply to the Centurion and Lyon Hoy.
Could you provide a screenshot of the Postillionen so I can see which ones are missing? I think I can guess a few, but I want to be sure before uploading any textures.

Ah, you haven't downloaded the finished Rossiya yet? You're missing out! :cheeky
The deck and window textures from the Rossiya are used on the fixed Postillionen, so getting those files will fix that.

The other textures I can see missing should be in the attached 7-Zip file (at least for one paint variant).

Attachments

• Postillionen_textures1.7z
    584.8 KB · Views: 123
Back