• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Spyglass

richardhell

Landlubber
Hi,

I've got a "good spyglass" and when using it i can't have more info than the nameeven when i'm realy close from the ship i'm looking to -close enough to fire at her-

I set advanced control to "Fine tuning" and boost the params x10, but still no info???

is there a bug, or am i doing smthg wrong with params?

Could anybody help me on this, that would be great, thx...

What mode are you playing in :?

I think in Realistic mode - most of the information is removed - so it is almost like looking through a real spyglass. ( no information along the bottom )

In Arcade mode - the better the spyglass the more information ( guns -- Hull damage -- sail damage etc) you are given along the bottom.

:cheers

I'm playing realistic mode...

Thanks for the answer, i thought info was avalaible in realistic mode too.

So there's no problem, sorry :wp

How much information the spyglass shows can be adjusted in "options" in the intro screen. I don't know if it works in "realistic" mode though.

Realistic Mode basically ignored those options and shows you pretty much nothing instead.
Because a real spyglass shows you basically nothing.

But as with this and what the problem with that is, is that when you want to use realistic mode and get the better sailing mode (you can't sail into the wind) while still liking to retain full spyglass function from the original game. Sorry if that is such a mouthfull. All I'm asking is if you can disable or delete the mod if not. So that I'm able to use it in both realistic aswell as arcade mode(which is rubbish). Thanks to whoever comes up with an Idea on th subject or knows where the mod files to delete are.

In Patch 6, we partly undid this modification. The spyglass gives you information again and only in the new Iron Man Mode does the spyglass tell you nothing at all.
See here for a full explanation: http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons/features/arcade-realistic-and-iron-man-game-mode

Possibly we'll just put the old spyglass switch back in for the next release.

Back