• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Starting new game

Pazaak

Landlubber
Ahoy there me' hearties! :gday

So in short, thats the message I get when I try to start a new game, playing as Nathaniel Hawk. It's the same with the others too.
The only one I can play as is Jack Sparrow.

When I start the new game I get to the loading screen and it loads normally, then I hear the bell sound that plays when the loading is done and I'm about to enter the game.
However, this is when the screen goes black and I get the message that tells me that the game has stoppped working

First I installed the stock game, not in the program files directory but in C:games/Pirates of the Caribbean (I use windows 7)
After that I installed: Build 14 Beta 1 Full
And after that: Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 4

Now this is really bothering me, I'm longing for some swashbuckling fun on the high seas here, and all I get is that damned message..
Is this a known issue? Is there a fix to it?

-Pazaak

Have you run both the RunMe.bat & Rename.bat files as per the installation instructions .

If yes then please enable error logging as per item #5 in this post --> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/14915-build-mod-and-forum-faq/page__view__findpost__p__352879

Then start the game - when the game stops working - exit and look in your Pirates of the Caribbean folder you should see the following files error - system - compile

post the error - system - and complie files as attachments to a post in this thread and hopefully they will tell us the problem & someone should be able to help you.

:cheers

Yes, I've run both the RunMe.bat & Rename.bat files. Just as the instruction tells me

Alright, this is what I got.
After a few tries the game started, and I spoke to malcolm, but after a few minutes of talking the game crashed again. For no particular reason.

-Pazaak

Attachments

• compile.log
    3.8 KB · Views: 63
  • system.log
    420 bytes · Views: 66
Ahoy mate! :diomed:

I have had similar ctds. I tried reinstalling everything, new game, but nothing ever worked. The only solution I know of is to delete that install and start over from scratch. :shrug

From system.log:
Code:
Release
Undefined error
Release
Undefined error
Release
Undefined error
Release
Undefined error
Never saw THAT before! :shock :facepalm :wacko:

Back