• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Stock Frigate

one thing i wonder... can that railing on the top level be attached (inserting a piece of wood?) to the hull?
As she is now, there is a gap between these two elements, like a shipbuilder forgot to close it.

on the other side, near the stairs, i guess no good self respecting carpenter would have stuck a piece of railing in the air, he would have ended it with a vertical post like on the lower (inclined) part.
as she is stock, any tall person walking up the stairs can hit their head against that horizontal piece of railing... makes no sense to me whatsoever. :shrug

oh man, that does look wierd. i didn't even notice that. maybe it should be moved a little further back?

sorry... i wrote that down like an ass. was too late last nite.
i gues sthat was hard to understand.
lemme MSPAINT.exe that down for yall.
left: saw off
center: add post
right: close gap
railing.jpg

Yes, now's better xD:
Anyway, i'll do that changes... :sail

Thanks man...
every time i see that rail guard, there are security bells ringing in my ears... "man overboard"...
even tho i understand exactly ZILCH of shipbuilding.
*big thumbs up*
:onya

edit...
'thinking of it: that is how i chose my ships. the basic question of whether i choose to walk around on deck is the visual aspect.
If, from the camera POV, i feel uncomfortable, unsafe , uneasy, i stay away from that thing, no matter its stats.
Railing and Fall protection are important, i realize.
Funny how immersed one gets...
:cheeky

Aye, this is another sad story of a good modeller simply vanishing one day. :(
Even though my version is far more historically accurate, I still quite liked what Jack had in the works here, and I'm sure we could have found a use for it.

id imagine just getting his files could have been useful. Im sure somebody could have finished it. Its always good to have more content for this type of game. Anyway, Armada. This may sound abit odd but i am unsure of the ammount of effort it takes to build a ship from scratch like you seem to be doing. the rossiya seems to have been started dec 4th last year! does it really take that long to build and prepare a ship for addition into the game! if so, then bloody hell!!! good luck :(

Sorry, I realise it makes me look incredibly incompetent when you see the project's start date. :facepalm Let me explain:

I've been extremely busy over the last year with college work, and only finished this summer. In addition, I've been taking on a lot of other work for the Build Mod during that time, and unfortunately the Rossiya project was pushed aside for a long while.

However, over the past few weeks, I managed to finish everything else I was doing and have been able to continue the project. The ship is now very nearly finished, and I hope you'll agree the results are worth the wait.

So basically, it certainly doesn't take an entire year to build and convert a ship for the games. Far from it, even; we've had modellers get scratch-built ships into the game in a matter of weeks before.
When you're as busy as I am though, it's impossible to say how long anything will take. :rolleyes:

It seems to me that it takes 6 months to 3 years to get a ship in game, with the average being at least 1 year.

I think the quickest we've had is one of Pgargon's ships, built and ready in around two weeks. Where'd you get three years from?! :shock

I think the centurion took at least three years, but that was because she was built for POTBS and their review system means it takes forever for a ship to get ingame.

Sorry, I realise it makes me look incredibly incompetent when you see the project's start date. :facepalm Let me explain:

I've been extremely busy over the last year with college work, and only finished this summer. In addition, I've been taking on a lot of other work for the Build Mod during that time, and unfortunately the Rossiya project was pushed aside for a long while.

However, over the past few weeks, I managed to finish everything else I was doing and have been able to continue the project. The ship is now very nearly finished, and I hope you'll agree the results are worth the wait.

So basically, it certainly doesn't take an entire year to build and convert a ship for the games. Far from it, even; we've had modellers get scratch-built ships into the game in a matter of weeks before.
When you're as busy as I am though, it's impossible to say how long anything will take. :rolleyes:

you miss understand me friend. i meant no disrespect. it is obviously a difficult process and you are obviousy inundated with other projects. i was just curious about the finish date. i was trying to word it without sounding like an ungratefull muppet! I do agree, it is worth the wait :onya

I think the centurion took at least three years, but that was because she was built for POTBS and their review system means it takes forever for a ship to get ingame.
Well the devs for that game must have something wrong with their heads. Who in their right mind wouldn't accept that ship straight away? :keith

you miss understand me friend. i meant no disrespect. it is obviously a difficult process and you are obviousy inundated with other projects. i was just curious about the finish date. i was trying to word it without sounding like an ungratefull muppet! I do agree, it is worth the wait :onya
No worries, then. It's all too easy to misinterpret posts every once in a while. :oops:
In any case, I just wanted to make it clear why there has been such a long wait, which isn't necessarily explained too well in the other thread.

In terms of an estimated completion date, I'm aiming to get the ship finished by the end of the month, and in PotC by early November. I'll need someone else to convert it to CoAS though.

Your timing should work quite nicely with my intentions for a new PotC update. :onya

Funny, that. It's almost like I planned it that way. :p

Back