• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Story lines!

Stormy Start us basically a harder start than the usual tutorial version.
It doesn't actually do that much, but it's fun to shake things up a bit.
Makes the opening of the game a bit more challenging, especially if you enable "Evil Stormy Start".

Yes, including it in the fix file would be good. ;)

There IS something about personal wealth in the Build 11 ReadMe:
This also adds a distinction between wealth--your personal store of gold--and the party’s money. You use the party’s money for buying and selling ships, goods, etc. You can only gain wealth from your salary (if in salary mode) or by dividing the plunder (if in share mode), but you also get a bit of wealth each day from income from your lands (if you’ve been given any land). Wealth is one way to “keep score” in POTC, but it also helps determine your fame--and famous captains can recruit more sailors.
You can donate some, or all, of your personal wealth to the party if times are lean; just hit F2 then click donate and choose the amount. Note that once you donate, you can’t get it back (at least until you’re paid for that month, or you divide the plunder). Note that difficulty level, as above, increases the size of your salary or the size of your share, a small recompense for a harder game.
The best way to gain wealth is actually by getting a Letter of Marque and getting land though.
I don't think you get any in salary mode and I'm not sure about Divide the Plunder.

No where at the moment... I have been moving house and working

Now that means I currently DONT have internet on my rig :( (on my brother with an internet card)

I wont have internet till monday and I have work on monday as well so it probably wont be ready till tuesday (at the earliest)

If you have downloaded the Cutler Beckett_dialog.c you pretty much have the fix anyway :shrug

Ok!
I have a problem! I'm on the mission where you have to go to Antigua and get the Aztec compass and the piece of the treasure map. I get these but when i enter my ship in order to leave something happens and suddenly the fort attacks me and i lose all the cannons.
What's happening?

The East India Company flag.
But never mind, i loaded a previous save, did the trip again and it worked fine!
Are you working on anything around the game now apart from the fix?
Also, in governor missions that you have to find and sink a ship around the island and in such missions in general, how do you find the ship?

Sail around the island, looking for the ship class/type with the name mentioned by the governor?
Try all ships in the "Sail-To" list?

Now i see! So i don't have to go to world map and try sailing around looking for a spanish sloop...! :facepalm
thnx!

I had 2 mates over yesterday who I havnt seen for 4 months (they are my best mates) so we were busy playing games, watching movies and lets just say I didnt do much work yesterday xD:
The East India Company flag.
But never mind, i loaded a previous save, did the trip again and it worked fine!
Another random bug where a reload will make it work :modding
Are you working on anything around the game now apart from the fix?
Yep I am working on another sidequest for the Jack Sparrow storyline and then moving onto more PRE-DMC stuff before finally trying to do DMC :cheeky

Don't worry about work on this! First your mates, and then this here! That's what i think anyway! You've done a lot of awesome work already! :onya

Can you tell me if you(the team) are planning or already trying to implement something BIG in Build? A general aspect of the game like Direct Sailing that you managed to implement for example!
If you don't want to show your plans really no problem! I just asked so to have an idea of what to expect in the future.

Also, in the game i have to sink a ship but whenever i try to sink it it surrenders! I put the "Ships can surrender" to 0.0 but still when i load the game and try again it surrenders! What should i do?

We do not intend to add in any new big mods anymore.
Instead we want to fix and finish what we have now.
There's plenty of big things already added anyway. ;)

Maybe you need to start a new game for the surrender 0.0 to take effect?
If a ship surrenders, you get to talk to the captain and then you can choose to sink the other ship anyway.

The "The X(name of the ship) struck her colors..." isn't the message which shows that it surrendered? And what do i do to talk to the captain?
Also, if a mission is about sinking a ship, i should by all means sink it even if it surrenders? What about capturing it?

You can capture it as well :shrug

Just get nearish to it once it has surrendered and the board icon will come up... he will then be on the deck and you just need to talk to him

Ok thnx! The only way to get the Letter of Marque is by paying? And what exactly is this? As far as i know it's the only way to start a nation's main quest. Am i right?

There are no real nation's main quests. It's pure random stuff. Sink this ship. Now sink another. AND another.
You can also go sinking ships enemy to your nation yourself without the governor telling you.
That'll actually get you promoted quicker. If you get promoted, you can get some bonuses and are eventually introduced to the governor's female family. :wub

You can get a LoM for free in some quests, but in most cases you have to pay for it, yes.

So there isn't any real point in getting a LoM like in CoAS huh? So if you play the New Horizons storyline, apart from the main quest, which quests are there?

There are plenty of sidequests (to many to list really)

The point of getting a LoM is to be able to be promoted and this allows you to buy the navy ships in the shipyard (the more you get promoted the more that get unlocked) ;)

Oh i see now! Yeah i took a look at the sidequests and they are plenty i can say! The sidequests you are working on now are for the CotBP or for the DMC?

Back