• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Storylines for those who don't want to do Quests

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
At the moment the Master & Commander Storyline has no Quest so it can be used if a player wants to freeplay.

What about changing the 2 Devlin storylines to freeplay as well ( they only have a short bit of quest that ends suddenly & nobody is developing it at the moment).
So this could be deactivated so that they were like M & C.

Then change the date of one of the Devlin Story lines to late 1600s

Now you would have 3 storylines available to players who want to just play the game without doing a story - They would not have to worry about getting tied up in quest events.

The 3 freeplay storys would also cover a range of periods (1550 - late1600s - 1770 ) giving players a variety of ships from the different periods to sail.

On the Select Storyline screen you just need to change the text to say that the storys are Freepaly ( no quest ) and the player can do what they want.

Then you would have 5 quests for people to play ( Assassin , Bartolomeu, Tales of the Chavalier, Jack Sparrow, Hornblower ) covering different periods and 3 freeplay stories covering different periods also available.

:cheers

Hmm... I prefer not adding too many storylines because it causes more stuff for players to scroll through and might end up "hiding" the stuff that is there.
There currently is at least one storyline in each time period and it is possible to ignore the quest in all of them, though some do force you to play the beginning...

If we had the ability to set up the interfaces (which we dont have the coders for atm) I might suggest having a blank one where you can pick model, ship and time-period... This would be a lot of work though :facepalm

Hmm... I prefer not adding too many storylines because it causes more stuff for players to scroll through and might end up "hiding" the stuff that is there.
There currently is at least one storyline in each time period and it is possible to ignore the quest in all of them, though some do force you to play the beginning...

It is not adding any more storylines - just changing 2 that are already there and probably not played much.

Now someone will post & say they like the Devlin storys and play them a lot xD:

But i don't get what is the problem in quests since they won't necessarily prevent you from playing freely- just don't complete the quests and you have freeplay in most storylines :doff - i have been playing Chevalier but instead of completing all quests i have been sailing across the sea- pirating and stuff..... totally freely if i just don't speak to governor in Hopital then it is free play really.....

I like the Devlin time period and have played it. One sees ships that are not normally in the game. Don't like the character tho and lose it asap. There isn't much story either. Just enough to set the tone and send you on your way.

One sees ships that were common in the early years, like the carrack, caraval, and the Spanish treasure galleons. One does not see the later ships like the flush deck frigates. One should not see any ships with spankers.

Back