• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Awaiting Info Strange Collision Detection Between Ships at Sea

Was that in combination with time compression? I'm pretty sure using that has the potential to mess up the physics too.

If indeed you never noticed any such issues on Arcade Game Mode but do on Realistic, perhaps that could be related then.
I wonder if @Hylie Pistof might be willing to switch to Arcade for testing purposes for a short while.
If you know the type of situations that usually cause collision issues, it may not be too hard to replicate these?

Next time I play a longer session I will switch off realistic ship rudder again and see what happens ;)

Note that if you do switch realism modes in mid-game, you also need to do an F11 reinit
and your own ship won't be updated until you use the GiveShip2Character command.

I could switch to arcade mode in that game I don't play anymore with the big ships but don't see any sense in it as the collision detection has been fine after that one big battle. It really does seem to be pretty random with a ship being impossible to board one time and being perfectly normal the next time.

The only place I consistently get collisions is when trying to leave after a boarding. I get damage every single time no matter what ship I use.

Back