• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Stuck on Initializing complete

AlcatrazBS

Landlubber
Okay so, in the past I had problems trying to install it, but then I re-installed the stock game, that works fine, made a copy of it and placed it on the desktop, then installed build 14 beta 3 the correct way with the installer.exe. Then when I go to launch it, it gets up to initializing completes and then just sits there. It works fine on the stock game, so I thought it would be something in engine.ini, and when I opened that it was empty, so I went to the stock game's .ini and copied everything just to the controls code, thinking that would solve it, but same problem. SO, I deleted it all except the modules line, so it could find the modules, and still back to square one, I would post a log file or error or something but that hasn't manifested itself.

My specs are:
Windows 7 home premium service pack 1
6GB RAM
intel core i5-3450
2TB hdd
nVidia gtx 550Ti

EDIT: I'm a 64bit OS

Any help would be appreciated.

:ahoy

Personally, I am against putting anything on the desktop. That is just asking for trouble plus it clutters it up. Windoze security can mess things up there as well as in program files.

So the stock game works! That means the problem is with the mod installation process.

Did you get both part 1 and part 2 from MODDB? If so, then...........

Did you put them both in the same folder? If so then......

It is either a bad download or windoze security blocked some of the installation processes.

Try installing Build 14 Beta 3 to your working POTC install, not the one on your desktop.

Seeing the engine.ini is empty probally something whent wrong with the install. make sure both the zip folder and the installer are in the samen folder when you run the installer and make sure you select the right options during install.

If that doesn't work, is there a torrent download for the mod? because for some reason my direct download speed is slow in comparison.

EDIT:
Well, after checking the install wizard with the one on the mod db page, the one I had ended with a .4 extension, and was about 1mb smaller than the one on the page, so I'm redownload it and making a fresh install to see if it works.

Last edited:
A lot of computer manufacturers put software on your computer to make your life more difficult. They dont want you to enjoy the computer so they put in all kind of restrictions. Best way is to install POTC on the C:\ (or another partition but on the root) and run the installer as administrator.
Make sure you select the right potc folder during install also

So, this error thing popped up after running the game after a fresh install and in C:\POTC\bethesda softworks\pirates of the caribbean.
Code:
COMPILE ERROR - file: seadogs.c; line: 94
Invalid event handler

Also this

Code:
Scanning modules\
Loading modules...
Loaded 0
Reset...
Initializing CORE...
Creating atoms space: 128
done
initializing complete
System exit and cleanup:
Mem state: User memory: 4  MSSystem: 16  Blocks: 1
Leak: 'C:\PROJECTS\DRIVE_V2\ENGINE\SOURCES\Core.cpp' line 515, size 4

Last edited:
is this after you installed the mod or before?

Back