• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Stuck. Savegame?

JabbaGnarl

Landlubber
Hi everybody,

with the original game (not modded, not even patched I think... not sure how to find out what version it is), I am stuck. When I talk to that guy disguised as a french Officer in Oxbay while the french still have it under control, as soon as he stops the conversation and the french are supposed to rush in and fight, nothing happens. Nobody appears inside the tavern, when I talk to him again, he just says something about a noise at the door and to be ready and thats it. When I leave the tavern, I get attacked by the french, but storyline-wise, nothing happens.

But I guess you've heard that before and I know there's no fixin it (or is there?), my question is whether I can get a savegame for right after this event from somewhere. I wouldn't really care about what ship you gave me or how much money and whatever since it's not too far into the game, I just really want to continue the game past this point. And believe me, I tried previous savegames. I even started a new game and played all up to this point again, but somehow that didn't make a difference (I guess whatever produces this bug is something I do every game).

So please, either tell me how to fix my situation or help me out with a savegame, ye scurvy dogs! :)

Oh and btw, I tried to search, but could not find completetly relevant help, although I really appreciate your forums. Also, I am considering downloading the Build Mod - I like the original though, so does it change a lot? (I read about different names for the islands, I could live with that, but different storyline not so much). Will it eliminate bugs like mine reliably?

Thanks!

I doubt anyone has a savegame for the stock game; I certainly don't. And the stock game doesn't have the console that would allow me to give you some code to skip past that point. :facepalm

The Build Mod DOES change a lot. And by a lot, I mean a LOT. See our ModDB profile for some more details:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons

But none of the good content from the original game is removed, of course. Why would we?
Even in the latest modpack versions, if you don't want the realistic island names, you can switch those off.
And while there ARE new storylines for you to play, the old one is still there.

The Build 14 Beta is very playable, but does have some occasional bugs. You can also try Build 13 Final instead:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/potc-build-mod/

All our modpack versions come highly recommended. If you have any questions or concerns with them, post here and we'll try to sort you out. :doff

And the stock game doesn't have the console that would allow me to give you some code to skip past that point. :facepalm

Is there no way to enable the console? If not by command line suffix or key combo ingame, there must've been some way for the mod devs to enable it, assuming they didn't entirely code it by themselves?

But you convinced me to try out what the mod has to offer. I'll probably like it in the end, but... you know... it's not always easy breaking with what you liked so far :) Especially since I like to play the game these days to reminisce about the good times I had while playing it when I was younger. Thats why I was not immediately fond of the idea of a mod.

Thanks for the kind help, I'll give it a go.

Is there no way to enable the console? If not by command line suffix or key combo ingame, there must've been some way for the mod devs to enable it, assuming they didn't entirely code it by themselves?
The original game didn't HAVE a console. We added it in the modpack. It's just a code file that is loaded and executed when you press F12; not a REAL in-game console.

What you can do is to make a copy of your main game folder and install the modpack on that copy. That way you'll have both versions side-by-side.

:ahoy

The vanilla game was and is buggy. I have not played it in over 3 years. In the meantime I have played through the part you are stuck in dozens of times with no more trouble than getting killed dozens of times in the part that comes right after.
You owe it to yourself to try out the build mod.

Back