• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Stuff falling overboard

con20or

Master Mariner
Hearts of Oak Donator
Usually in a battle you see goods in the water that fell out of an enemy ship. Did they get knocked out from cannon fire or are they throwing stuff overboard to lighten themselves?

If cannon fire, do you lose things too?

If it is the same as PotC, that is the stuff that's left floating after a ship sinks.

Yep, that's there too when the ship sinks - but this stuff appears when the enemy ship is in the middle of the battle. Its become a habit of mine to chase after bigger ships if they are getting knocked around by a fort to pick up anything left floating. i had assumed it was battle damage - but i saw it happen yesterday and noone was firing. I thought then it might be them trying to lighten themselves to pick up speed to get away.

In that case, I do not know. Never got round to playing CoAS myself. :shrug

Right at the start of a battle you can often see ships jettisoning cargo to make themselves lighter and faster. If you are successful in your fight you can go back and get that cargo.

Indeed, when your ship is sighted by an enemy, and if they see you as a threat (a lot more cannons :pirate41: ), they will start to throw cargo overboard to make the ship lighter, and if you see carefully, after that they try to flee...

This dont happend if i have a lower ship than the enemy... but now i have a Bellona class 1 battleship... soo.. always they try tu run away! hehehe

Yo can do the same too in F2/Ships... double click on the cargo, use the arrows to select the amount of cargo to throw and hit ok!

Back