• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Sugestions for new update

Luiz

Sailor Apprentice
I’m posting some suggestions to new update, which are almost all of them fixes.

-All the money that the captain earns goes to the crew money. I dont think that this actually existed in the piracy time. This also makes paying your crew by Articles tricky because you have to store money on loanshark (or in youre ship's chest) or you will have to raise your crew's morale all the time to divide the pundler.

-Some characters don’t look like they were in the movies! Im not sugesting that ALL characters in the game must be perfects but, at least the principals or the semi-principals. Like the 2 guards that were guarding the docks of port royale in the movie 1 should be improoved cus they are in the 3 movies of the serie. Also Pintel must be improved because his character has no hair and his clothes arent like of his wear. Well the rest is good.

-I also think that the Black Pearl should be improved. I mean, its a legendary ship like the flying dutchman, the HMS Endeavour, HMS Dauntless, Queen Ane's revenge and The Empress. Black Pearl must be the fastest ship of the Caribbean, but his speed is equal of a frigate or a fast war galleon. I think the Black pearl should have 24Lbs Long Gun, 26 in each side and 4 in the bow and stern. His HP should be 8000 and cargo too. As well, the most important feature of Black Pearl is his spead. I think he should be 5.00 points faster then a frigate. This will make the black pearl a 1-2 class ship, the right classification for it. If the other legendary ships being weak close to the Black pearl, they should be improved as well.

-I think that would be a good idea that the bargainers in the street sell rare and excellent swords, as well pistols, yet again.
-When the character conquers a colony, its hard to choose what officer will command her (in hoist the colours case, when I captured Speitghtown, i clicked for example in my hired officer and always Mr. Gibs control the town. Also when I set sail off the fort I was attacked by It maybe because the conquered fort always is considered a pirate flag, he was supposed to be in Jack Sparrow personal flag. Also, when we conquer the fort, the soldiers wear the outfit of main character of new horizons storyline; I think that should be replaced by normal crewman.

-Would be very cool the ability to sleep in youre ship, like youre going to the captain’s cabin, stand in the front of the bed, and then, the option of sleep in her appears in youre action list.
-A new good that should be added could be the “Weapons”, a ship without the necessary quantity of weapons would have crewmen fighting with their trusty fists. This type of goods also would be, past 5 battles (or more), lower, because weapons can break.

-When Jack Sparrow saves Elisabeth Swan that was not breathing, i think that part became a bit ridicles because jack knocked out 2 guards, the governor and norrington. A video showing the part in the movie part that Jacks do his amazing escape should be put there. Other part, when jack is put in jail before the black pearl invades port royal, and 2 of his crewmembers go ''visit him''' i think that one of them should have at least punched him (in the movie one try to hang him with his onw hands). Also, when jack is suposed to be hang in the fort, should have losts of people whatching, and Jack in the hang place. Then instead of the both Will and Elizabeth run away, will should knock out the hang man and then fight the guards with jack, and then, Elisabeth stay betwen the guards and jack, as well in the movie. And, James Norrington says in the movie that he was giving Jack 2 days to set sail away before he starts hinting him.

-The last suggestion of this post is the most important. There are some buildings that were added in the cenaries of storm engine that are, how i call them, ghost buildings, like the gate of Speightonw and buildings that are constructed by the officer. This bug is really boring because, you cant interact with them. When you spend 20 plank and 4000 of gold making a house you cant sleep in it as well make her a safe place because, she doenst exist, u can go though her and u cant interact with her.

Plz, see this post as a guide not a boring post. I spend half hour righting it I know a bit too much for this right but I had to review the game and I also edited in Microsoft office because my internet suddenly stopped working xD. So plz read with attention. Who agrees with me say AHOY and who doesnt say ARRR. Thanks and goodbye.

You have lots of ideas there. The main issue is can you implement them? No one is working on that storyline now, so it would be up to you to get all of your ideas into that story.

-Some characters don’t look like they were in the movies! Im not sugesting that ALL characters in the game must be perfects but, at least the principals or the semi-principals.
That would be great, but unfortunately we don't have any texture artists or character modellers with enough time to do it.

-I also think that the Black Pearl should be improved. I mean, its a legendary ship like the flying dutchman, the HMS Endeavour, HMS Dauntless, Queen Ane's revenge and The Empress. Black Pearl must be the fastest ship of the Caribbean, but his speed is equal of a frigate or a fast war galleon. I think the Black pearl should have 24Lbs Long Gun, 26 in each side and 4 in the bow and stern. His HP should be 8000 and cargo too. As well, the most important feature of Black Pearl is his spead. I think he should be 5.00 points faster then a frigate. This will make the black pearl a 1-2 class ship, the right classification for it.
Well, the Cursed Black Pearl already has a few perks over your average ship: 100,000 HP, max speed of 16.0 knots (or 16.8 in Arcade Mode), and a speed boost ability by using oars.
The un-cursed variants do not benefit from these perks because, well, they're not cursed. They are effectively ordinary ships bound by the 'normal' laws of physics, not Disney's laws. :p

As for the cannons, am I right in saying you want her to mount 60 of them?! She only has space for 36, which is actually four more than the movie version because we added two bow and two stern chasers. The ship is Class 5 because of the number of guns, so by the current system, she'd need more than 80 guns to qualify as a Class 2 ship, which isn't going to happen.
I do think the classification system needs reworking though, so this may change in future.

-I think that would be a good idea that the bargainers in the street sell rare and excellent swords, as well pistols, yet again.
There is already a toggle for this in Advanced Options in-game. ;)

-Would be very cool the ability to sleep in youre ship, like youre going to the captain’s cabin, stand in the front of the bed, and then, the option of sleep in her appears in youre action list.
You mean like going to sleep in a tavern to pass the time? That could be useful, but again, I doubt anyone with the right knowledge is available and willing to do it at the moment.

A new good that should be added could be the “Weapons”, a ship without the necessary quantity of weapons would have crewmen fighting with their trusty fists.
This is what your ship's Weapons Locker is for. You can place swords and pistols into it, and your crew will use them in boarding fights.
If you leave it empty, I think they fight with standard cutlasses, but I may be wrong.

-The last suggestion of this post is the most important. There are some buildings that were added in the cenaries of storm engine that are, how i call them, ghost buildings, like the gate of Speightonw and buildings that are constructed by the officer. This bug is really boring because, you cant interact with them. When you spend 20 plank and 4000 of gold making a house you cant sleep in it as well make her a safe place because, she doenst exist, u can go though her and u cant interact with her.
This is a problem with the game engine, I'm afraid. We can allow the player to erect buildings for various purposes, but we can't give them collision detection to stop you walking through the walls.

So now im only using cursed black pearl xD. But, also the cursed crew dont makes the ship indestructible as well

I could be one of your programers, but I have 2 questions. Somebody could teach me how to do it and, what would I gain for programing the game for ya pall?

I doubt any of our members could teach you how to code from scratch; that's something you'd need to do yourself.
More importantly, we don't mod this game to "gain" anything. All of our modders do work on a voluntary basis, and we don't offer payment.

All we gain is satisfaction from knowing we made someone somewhere happier by doing what we like doing. That's my feeling in any case.

well, if it had a payment or even classes I would edit but no, to help other people I need first have to help my report card lol

Back