• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Suggestion for sailing

Wurstkopp

Landlubber
I like to sail from island, to island in 1st person mode, but sometimes, when the way is too long, it can become a bit boring. What I like to see, are random evbents during 1st person sailing, like crew problems, finding a castaway, or something like this. Especially interactions with the crew would be funny. I could imagine to do that, via text based RP.

There are random events that do occur while direct sailing. These include avoiding floating timbers, finding floating goods, lifeboats, native rafts, and dismasted derelicts.

Random crew events would indeed be quite fun to add. I know it is possible to have dialogs occur while you're sailing around, so that could be used.
Somebody would actually have to put the crew events in there though.

The reason for adding the "visit deck" when dropping anchor or making sail was so that eventually
we could have your officers then come up to you and tell you about some crew issues or something.
That hasn't happened yet in all these years, but I still very much like the idea.

Back