• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Swamp

superdurnius

Corsair
Coordinator
3D Artist
Storm Modeller
Swamp should be pas-throe location or not? Made something, but don't know where to continue. Should I make dead end with something interesting, or should I make passage, with hidden something interesting?

Swamp should be pas-throe location or not? Made something, but don't know where to continue. Should I make dead end with something interesting, or should I make passage, with hidden something interesting?
Dead end with a shack ;)
(Tia Dalma's place :D)

That sounds great, SuperDurnius! And of course the first thing we think of when we hear "swamp", is Tia Dalma's shack. ;)
Shack.jpg

As you can see, I'm making one, as passage... With hidden passage in one place :D ... That passage could lead to house of picture, you posted.
screenshot01n.jpg

Wow; that IS cool! It doesn't look so much like the Tia Dalma swamp (I'm sure that one isn't supposed to have the bridge),
but we can certainly put it to use somewhere. Does anyone else think perhaps the water should be modeled,
so that it can actually be greenish as on your screenshot? Otherwise it'll be bright blue, which might not be appropriate.
And you get the wave problem again. :facepalm

If you would want to do a Tia Dalma's Bayou location as well, it would be more like a river
through a jungle with a weird house in the middle... :?
Another thought is that we could do that river through a jungle as ISLAND model, rather than location model.
We'd then need a new Pelegostos island model with a modeled river with trees and when you go ashore at the end of the river,
you reload straight to the INSIDE of the house. That way you could actually sail on the river yourself.

If you would want to do a Tia Dalma's Bayou location as well, it would be more like a river
Another thought is that we could do that river through a jungle as ISLAND model, rather than location model.
We'd then need a new Pelegostos island model with a modeled river with trees and when you go ashore at the end of the river,
you reload straight to the INSIDE of the house. That way you could actually sail on the river yourself.
I reckon this would be cool and with the new "You have to sail there before Fast Travel" would make it look right as well ;)

Wow; that IS cool! It doesn't look so much like the Tia Dalma swamp (I'm sure that one isn't supposed to have the bridge),
but we can certainly put it to use somewhere. Does anyone else think perhaps the water should be modeled,
so that it can actually be greenish as on your screenshot? Otherwise it'll be bright blue, which might not be appropriate.
And you get the wave problem again. :facepalm
I HAVE modeled that water... Still, not getting result I wanted, but better than nothing (you wont be able to swim in it, so I'll have to make walk file really carefully, that you won't need to swim...
In what river I can swim with Man-o-War? I don't think that this Idea is logical... Cool yes... I thot that I'll make river out of this swamp and boat as hidden thing:
when you open Dalmas place, this location have one more add file added, which have boat. Then is activated another walk file which gives you access to that place and via the code is enabled reload locator... Then you're reloaded to dalmas place, standing on the same boat next to that house...

That was my Idea, but...

For the sailing-up-the-river-with-a-Manowar thing,
you're supposed to be using the Black Pearl at that time.
And I was thinking of giving the player a dinghy for sailing up the river.
So if you think it's a good idea, it'd be good enough to have a river that a dinghy fits on.
(Maybe one day we can create a mod that allows you to launch a dinghy at any time?)

Otherwise, your idea would work too and I'll be quite happy with anything you come up with. :yes

Or both Ideas... If your ship is small enough, you may swim in river, But if you're with man-o-war, you have to take ashore, go thro Jungle and pass my swamp...

The swamp is very nice. It really looks like a swamp. It would be totally cool if you had some more of those swamp locations for on Cuba and Hispaniola.

First need to finish with this one... I already have headache of placing texture maps on those mountains...

Most hated part by me is ~ complete :D ... Texture placing ...

Now second most hated part... Walk file placing...
screenshot04d.jpg

After that will experiment with Jump Files... You should be able to jump down from that bridge, I guess...

Goody goody goody, you are becoming a location modelling Guru!

In the online Pirates of the Caribbean game, Tia Dalma's Shack is on Cuba.

Jump files? Would you be able to jump from the bridge into the water then?
But you can't swim in modeled water and non-modeled water doesn't look green.
And controlling the wave heights is going to be tricky, though not impossible. :?

Back