• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Swamp

WHAT are you talking about??? A maelstrom? I've never seen a maelstrom!
And HOW do you change the water colour? If we can do that, =
I'd be inclined to make all the water more light blue to give it a more Caribbean look. :shock

http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?showtopic=12316&view=findpost&p=283128

Sea colours can be changed with the numbers.

I don't think that here is needed any water at all... I modeled swamp water and it fits fine...
screenshot08.jpg

screenshot07.jpg

screenshot06.jpg

screenshot05r.jpg

i remember the movies' forest being far more dense. otherwise, it's a good-looking location. the use of those overhanging trees was a good idea.

That really does look cool! Once there's some COL-file for the lighting, it'll look even better. :yes

A thought I had, based on this location not really resembling the Tia Dalma movie swamp.
What if some of the islands would get a bit of a different atmopshere?
For example, make one of the islands more swampy, another with dense jungles, etc.?
If so, some more rocky island locations would be interesting too.
And maybe even some more developed ones, like the CoAS plantation we've added?
More variety in the generic locations would work wonders for the atmopshere of the game! :woot

Agree here, that is looking mighty fine, and a bit wet. And swampy.
I love non-simple locations... Well, I love everything, that isn't simple. (My recolors of weapons, Cave_ship... The Dark One) ... Swamp-Wetty...

i remember the movies' forest being far more dense.
A thought I had, based on this location not really resembling the Tia Dalma movie swamp.
That's not Dalma's place... That's only swamp.. Where it'll be use, that depends on those who will code it...

otherwise, it's a good-looking location. the use of those overhanging trees was a good idea.
That's one single tree... But good to hear someone notes it...

It would be so cool to have some variations on it.
What if some of the islands would get a bit of a different atmopshere?
For example, make one of the islands more swampy, another with dense jungles, etc.?
If so, some more rocky island locations would be interesting too.
And maybe even some more developed ones, like the CoAS plantation we've added?
More variety in the generic locations would work wonders for the atmopshere of the game! :woot
I thot about that... As I (with Yo Ho Ho help, I hope) will make this base model as a 'SWAMP', I'll going to work on some modified versions of it... Making kinda different look swamps... (even thinking about town, placed on that swamp... )

Oh, man this is going to be goood! Finally we get a Caribbean with swamps! Can we replace the so often copied jungles with some of these babies! Very nice job. And I would be honoured to make .COL files for these locations ;)

there already is:
1: patch to mountain
2: exit to near river
3: entrance into cave...

Probably I need to do another patch

TTT? Could you help me with textures?

Could you please make texture as much detailed and realistic as possible without changing resolution...
screenshot10g.jpg

Mine is just quick drawings... Especially leaf... looks totally unrealistic...
[attachment=3415:lily.7z]

Back