• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

swapping body parts

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
I've been swapping heads and bodies around and actually have one that's not too bad. The Aine head and Catalina body. This one is Danielle with better eyes and a stronger jaw.
Thee are at least three different modelling systems used which limits what I can do so far.
Aine-1.jpg Aine-2.jpg

I did another one which turns out to be slightly cross eyed. Nothing I know how to do about that.
crosseyed.jpg

They're in RESOURCE\animation . I don't think they can be easily edited though.

Let me rephrase that. I don't think i can change an animation, but I would like to try different animations out on an existing model. But I can not find where the animations are called.

As an example, Blazie has her own animations but I can't find where or how to change it to ohh Beatrice. Or vice versa.

OH! The link between model file and animation file, you mean? That's done through PROGRAM\Models\initModels.c .

Bad news though: Since we went to the new initModels.c system, changes made there DO need a new game to be started to initialize.
Perhaps I can restore that to its original F11 functionality some time. But not now. :(

Back