• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Swedish East Indiamen+sweden option not present

Foop my Car

Freebooter
I have the latest Build 14 mod with the latest fix (25th may) but there is an issue, I can't find the Swedish East Indiamen under the character customisation page (believe me I searched everywhere) even though the ship itself is in the game files. Also the option to enable Sweden is not present either. What is the cause of this and how can I get this fixed?

Though the ship model file and its entry in "Ships_init.c" are "SwedishIndiaman1", you should find it in the game as "East Indiaman", and it's not limited to Sweden. It's also available to Britain, France and Portugal. But it's only available in the "Golden Age of Piracy" and "Colonial Powers" periods (1680-1739, 1740-1769).

The setting to enable Sweden should be in the character realism section, the same section as the options for skill system and personal gunpowder.

Check that you're following the correct procedure for installation. Download both the installer and "b14_beta4_final.tar" from links here:
Mod Release - Build 14 Beta [Last Update:19th March 2021]

Also download the update:
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/Grey Roger/post_25May_updates_190321.zip
Make sure both the installer and "b14_beta4_final.tar" are in the same folder.

Install PoTC from CD. Then run the NH installer. That should get you up to the May 2018 version, which already includes both Sweden and the East Indiaman. Do not extract "b14_beta4_final.tar" at all!

But you do extract "post_25May_updates_190321.zip". The final stage is to copy the entire contents of that into the game installation folder.

got it to work and updated, but crashes at loading screen after customising character

Attachments

• error.log
    152 bytes · Views: 189
Can you post "compile.log" and "system.log"? The message in that "error.log" is nothing special, I've seen it routinely when starting a new game.

New error log. Build 14 is fully updated. Please help (mod please do not delete this post for "already answered: as I could not get an answer from the thread related to this error, infact this might be new)

Attachments

• system.log
    475 bytes · Views: 173
  • error.log
    152 bytes · Views: 214
  • compile.log
    6.7 KB · Views: 172
That "new" error.log is no different to the one in post #5 and should not cause any problems - I've seen it myself after starting a new game. The other log files in post #8 are identical to those in post #7. I can't see any sign of trouble in those either.

Try deleting the file "options" which you should also find in the top level of the game installation folder along with the log files. That sometimes gets corrupted and causes various problems.

Otherwise, which character are you trying to start with? Does the game crash if you pick a different starting character, or a different starting ship?

deleting option file did not help (only tried once) I am doing freeplay, with the Heavy East Indiamen as my starting ship

"compile.log" says you're using "SwedishIndiaman1", which is the East Indiaman, not the Heavy East Indiaman. Try starting with something else, just to see if it crashes. Meanwhile, when I'm next playing PoTC, I'll try starting a FreePlay with an East Indiaman and see if that gives any trouble.

I wonder... I used the dgvoodoo recommended to me by @The Nameless Pirate , which solves graphics as an alternative to the intel fix, so could it be because of something related to this or?

note: I downloaded new horizons in C: potc (a folder I made)

hmm i really don't know. these damn error logs are trying to stop me from enjoying new horizons. i hope we can really find a solution to this

Back