• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Sword training not always avaible

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
I see that one of the perks can only be unlocked after you do some sword fighting practice. Oh, like with Malcolm!
So I boarded my ship and talked to an officer. Nope.
So I talked to a crewman. Nope.
So that perk remains locked. :cool

The golden cuirass should show up at level 15 and usually shows up at level 16. I am at level 18 and have not seen it yet. My officers and I are doing a lot of dying and I am saving at every map change as I am a 2-3 stroke kill. Has the golden cuirass been removed from the game?

To unlock the professional swordsman you need to talk to a crewmember on deck (yes, it has to be on deck) and then ask him to practice with you. Then you choose that you are ready for him or something like that (it should be the last dialog-option) and then fight with him till he interupts again. After that you exit the dialog, by saying that he can go to rest now. You should now get a log entry that you unlocked the perk

I tried it again and the dialog was there this time. It was not there last nite when I talked to them on deck.

I tried it again and the dialog was there this time. It was not there last nite when I talked to them on deck.
Can you remind me in two days? Then I can check the code file and see if there are any conditions on that option appearing.

I think there are two different kind of crew members generated and only one has the sword training dialog, but not sure here.

There are three dialog files used for crewmembers:
Crewmember_alc_dialog for the ones sitting in a chair
Crewmember_fight_dialog for the ones walking around
Crewmember_tired_dialog for the ones lying on bed

The fight dialog only shows up for walking crewmembers when you are on your Ship Deck and no such fight is already in progress.

If you notice any crewmembers on deck where this is NOT available, please upload a save and tell me how to test it.
Otherwise, the sounds like "Not a Bug".

Since I haven't heard otherwise, I cannot replicate the bug and the code looks OK, I am marking this "Not a Bug".

Back