• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

swordfighting bug

morgan terror

Magnificent bastard
Storm Modder
Public Relations
since i have no idea if anyone else has seen this, i won't post it on the tracker for now. whenever i have officers with me, and one of them get's shot, it seems the player instantly get's treated as an unarmed NPC. the result is that i automatically sheathe my sword, and then start to cower as soon as i get hit. you lose complete control over your character, being unable to move, fast travel, or anything else. only way out is reloading. i'm not sure if the bug occurs when i get shot myself when i have officers with me.

Wow! That sounds REALLY bad! Is that Build 14 Beta 1? Does anyone else have that? :shock

yup, b14 b1. see if it happens when you take officers with you in a dungeon or boarding. it is avoidable by letting your officers do all the work though, as long as you stay well away. but i think it only worked because noone shot.

I believe someone posted about this issue a while back. It happened to me also once. I don't recall what I did about it. Possibly I went back to a save from before the incident that triggered it. Or maybe I did a complete delete and re-install. Don't remember.

i've had it two or three times so far. good to know it's not one of my irritating computer-specific bugs.

so, should this be moved to the bugtracker?

I'm resurrecting this thread to report that with B 14 patch 2 this happens to me constantly. It apparently happened to me once before, but now it is happening almost all the time. I either cower or just stand there. The only way out is alt-cntrl-delete and task manager.

I thought we worked out this was part of doing the Artois Voysey storyline? :?

And I also thought we fixed it (may have missed it though)

yes, that's where it happens. didn't know about a possible fix though. you usually get rid of the problem once artois get's to a higher level, especially when he's armored. or you simply shouldn't have him among your active officers when there's a risk of combat.

Yes. If his health drops too low, you get stuck and/or cower. You need to be very protective of him until he gets experienced enough to take care of himself. This can be a problem as he likes to run to the front and get cut down. :j3 If you can keep him alive, he does turn into a good officer though.

any ideas where to look to fix it ? thats the really most important bug to fix for me

no error log appears si i dont know where to look :/

i thought about storyline... quests but i dont see where should be the problem, is there a file about the quest character ?

EDIT: interessant thing in Storyline\standard\characters\init\officer.c

in artois voisey code:

" LAi_SetHP(ch, 8.0, 8.0); " <= just 8.0 ? all other officer have more than 80.0 hp (i changed to 80.0 (as nigel blythe) and test to see if thats it)

SUCCESS THAT WAS ONLY THAT HP CHECK ERROR !!!!!!! artois voisey do not cause character stuck anymore !!!!! a good bodyguard is back :D (attached file Storyline\standard\characters\init\officer.c)

(deleted)

Your link in this thread is not a link. It got corrupted somehow. I got your fix in the other thread but only modders can go there, not players.

I tried it and while it is difficult to say so early in the game when 1-2 sword strikes kill you, it appears Artois Voisey does indeed work as he is supposed to. All 4 of us got slaughtered several times and in the times I got killed last I never cowered.

i just realized while reading the long artois code that it must not be what i did ! i found really more interessant to fix it

i found that we can REALLY kill artois until we get out of QC, my error was that i tested too early about artois death i had to test in ship or on another island

after testing the bug is staying but this time i found the real line but... can anyone can tell me what the... point of that line ?

from \Storyline\standard\quests\quests_reaction.c of course

LAi_SetCheckMinHP(characterFromID("Artois Voysey"), 0.4*LAi_GetCharacterHP(characterFromID("Artois Voysey")), true, "Story_Artois_2"); // KK

(0.4*60 = 24 hp <= the hp where artois starts to stuck the character) <= so this line check the hp but why ?

edit: if the hp are low as asked the code goes there
Code:
  case "Story_Artois_2":
LAi_SetStayType(pchar);
  LAi_type_actor_Reset(characterFromID("Artois Voysey"));
LAi_type_actor_Reset(characterFromID("Nigel Blythe"));
LAi_ActorDialog(characterFromID("Nigel Blythe"), pchar, "", -1, -1);
break;

so it makes the character stop and waiting the nigel talk everywhere we are ?

i will add " LAi_RemoveCheckMinHP(CharacterFromID("Artois Voysey")); // CTM " (same as in => case "killing_artois": )

this time im right the line is well placed to delete that bug but now i will take 10/20 min to check in code because the line was far in another case and i must see if its important to let it there or not

if its logic (it should be :) ) we need to get artois at 0.4 of his life only when nigel attack him the first time, after that we dont need more that code so i think its ok now, i tested in 2 new game 3 different nigel death it should works now :) finally XD

here is how it looks where i added the code (and the other case where the line was)
Code:
case "Story_Artois_2":
  LAi_RemoveCheckMinHP(CharacterFromID("Artois Voysey")); // CTM //added here ARF to hunt the "unkillable artois"
  LAi_SetStayType(pchar);
  LAi_type_actor_Reset(characterFromID("Artois Voysey"));
  LAi_type_actor_Reset(characterFromID("Nigel Blythe"));
  LAi_ActorDialog(characterFromID("Nigel Blythe"), pchar, "", -1, -1);
  break;

case "killing_artois":
  //LAi_RemoveCheckMinHP(CharacterFromID("Artois Voysey")); // CTM // ARF moved to case "Story_Artois_2"
  LAi_SetImmortal(characterFromID("Artois Voysey"), false);
  LAi_SetImmortal(characterFromID("Nigel Blythe"), false);
  LAi_SetActorType(pchar);
  LAi_ActorTurnToCharacter(pchar, characterFromID("Nigel Blythe"));
  LAi_ActorAnimation(CharacterFromID("Artois Voysey"), "afraid","", 10);
  LAi_ActorAttack(CharacterFromID("Nigel Blythe"), CharacterFromID("Artois Voysey"), "Artois_kill");
  break;

check http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-to-do-list.12701/page-16#post-423107 (modder thread at page 16) for the new file

this time i can assure it works !!! yay !! groar !

Back