• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Guide TEHO modding (tehomod and scripts are here)

Ahoy @Katsika1234! :cheers

I think that the active map works with all versions of the game, @kb31 please correct me if I am wrong.

I would recommend checking the integrity of the games files to be sure you have the latest version.
While it may not play a role in this mod, it does on other mods you may want to use.

P.S. Does the name Katsika1234, come from the Greek word for goat?

Hello there, i am new to the game and mod. I am using active maps 1.3 and i see it needs this mod as it mentions. Is there any issue using this mod? I see that the game version should be 1.7 with all dlc, but when opening the menu it says 1.6 with one less dlc. Is this just a visual bug?

Hello and welcome to the forum and to the enjoyment of this game.:ahoy

If the version of your game is 1.7.0. To avoid problems you have to install the Hookmod from version 1.7.0 that our partner @kb31 has properly updated in the link I leave you, you have it in the attachment of the first message.

Notice - Hook's Mod for TEHO 1.7.0.ENG (09.04.20)

Works well with activemap 1.3

Ahoy @Katsika1234! :cheers

I think that the active map works with all versions of the game, @kb31 please correct me if I am wrong.

I would recommend checking the integrity of the games files to be sure you have the latest version.
While it may not play a role in this mod, it does on other mods you may want to use.

P.S. Does the name Katsika1234, come from the Greek word for goat?

So i should install this mod also? I have also Hook's mod. I only ask about the mod from this thread, because active Map mod says :
1)This mod requires tehomod 0.8 or higher(but doesn't require other scripts), so install it first.

Yes the name means goat in Greek :p

So i should install this mod also? I have also Hook's mod. I only ask about the mod from this thread, because active Map mod says :
1)This mod requires tehomod 0.8 or higher(but doesn't require other scripts), so install it first.
Hook mod includes the tehomod, so you should be good to go.

The tehomod is needed for every mod that modifies the PROGRAM folder, Hook mod included.

Yes the name means goat in Greek :p
Are you also from Greece, or maybe Cyprus?

(No need to answer if you don't want to, I am just curious.)

Hook mod includes the tehomod, so you should be good to go.

The tehomod is needed for every mod that modifies the PROGRAM folder, Hook mod included.

Are you also from Greece, or maybe Cyprus?

(No need to answer if you don't want to, I am just curious.)

Okay don't know if this will have any issue in my game now because i installed first Hook's mod, then active map and then this mod.
Should i just reinstall Hook's mod? Just to be sure that all files are correct. Hope not to break my save file, i am doing still the tutorial but i want to reach the free roam.
I can't believe that we are on 2020 and this game series is still the best for pirates games.

Yep i am from Greece.

Okay don't know if this will have any issue in my game now because i installed first Hook's mod, then active map and then this mod.
Should i just reinstall Hook's mod? Just to be sure that all files are correct. Hope not to break my save file, i am doing still the tutorial but i want to reach the free roam.
I can't believe that we are on 2020 and this game series is still the best for pirates games.
There shouldn't be a problem with the order you install the mods.
They don't edit the same files anyway. ;)

Yep i am from Greece.
Nice to know I am not the only one here. :cheers

I know it is not related to the thread, but can anyone explain me why my pistol is not realoading? I have soldier's pistol, lead ball and gunpowder. When i equiped both the pistol and the lead ball, though if i click on the lead ball, it always show the equip button. Any idea? I am still at start finished some quests for money and got the ship.

Okay nevermind i guess it was just bugged and it didn't reload because i needed to change place after buying the gunpowder. Would delete this message but i can't find the option :p

Yep i am from Greece.

There's certainly nothing like it in the video game world about piracy. :dance

I hope the guys at BlackMark Studio surprise us with another gem like this soon... :popcorn:

I know it is not related to the thread, but can anyone explain me why my pistol is not realoading? I have soldier's pistol, lead ball and gunpowder. When i equiped both the pistol and the lead ball, though if i click on the lead ball, it always show the equip button. Any idea? I am still at start finished some quests for money and got the ship.
I remember that the equip button did indeed not go grey when you pressed it, so I don't think that this is the problem.

Just to clarify, if you go to a different room it won't reload?
If not then I would suggest trying a different pistol (that you can use), if that also doesn't reload something has surely gone wrong.

There's certainly nothing like it in the video game world about piracy. :dance

I hope the guys at BlackMark Studio surprise us with another gem like this soon... :popcorn:
Yep, the Sea Dogs games are by far the best pirate games I have played.

Can i sail from one island to another and Moor without using the world map? I saw that i could get closer to the island, but the island scene was not loaded when i was next to the island, so i can sail to the port and Moor. Also is it possilble to encounter other ships while sailing?

You can sort of travel without going to the world map.

You will occasionally need top pop back in the world map, and back out.
Otherwise the areas won't load.

And it should be noted that you won't find other ships by traveling this way.

On the other hand, it takes less in-game time, but more real world time.

As the colleague says, sailing at sea takes a long time in real life.

If you didn't have the Hookmod, it would be the only way to do certain time-limited missions, using a little trick of jumping from island to island ... that's why the Hookmod is so important to enjoy the game.

Is there any discord group about the game? In order to stop posting here for unrelated to the mod stuff.
I got a quest from a governor to bring him a prisoner from a travelling ship. For some reason when i get to the cabin of the enemy ship, first i fight the captain, then he talks to me about the quest and then he goes full life again and figths me, something seems wrong here :p . He is also a spanish captain so he is like a tank for my low level character.

In some missions you have to fight the same enemy twice, if you have difficulties in hand-to-hand combat, try lowering the speed to 0.5, so you can counteract the heavy blows.

I don't know if there is a Discord group of this game in English outside this forum.

Is there any page with ranking for the ships? Or best ship of each class. It is so hard for me to choose which ship to keep :p
Now i have a class 4 war schooner and captured a class 4 Fleut. It is really tempting to change to it cause the deadweight and crew number, but will not because i believe it is a bit big target.

Is there any discord group about the game? In order to stop posting here for unrelated to the mod stuff.
There is a PiratesAhoy! Discord server.
PiratesAhoy! Discord Server

Though I don't think TEHO is discussed there.

Anyway, if you want you can make a new thread on the TEHO forum here, and post your questions there.

Is there any page with ranking for the ships? Or best ship of each class. It is so hard for me to choose which ship to keep :p
Now i have a class 4 war schooner and captured a class 4 Fleut. It is really tempting to change to it cause the deadweight and crew number, but will not because i believe it is a bit big target.
There is a list, but it doesn't specifically say which is the best.
Guide - Ships in Sea Dogs - TEHO

In my opinion, you have to find the best ship in each class for yourself.
Because each player has a different play style, the ship that I think is the best in it's class, may not be what you consider the best.

But if you want an opinion anyway, my preferred non quest class 4, is a War Schooner if my memory serves me correctly.

As the partner says, choosing the perfect boat is a very personal matter.:beer:

If you opt for trade you need boats with a large hold that do not have good sailing properties, although they usually have a large crew.

If you are one of those who likes to capture boats by boarding them, you can have a boat with a large crew as in the previous point, to go straight to the target. Or a smaller and more manageable ship to be able to cannonade the enemy ship with shrapnel and board it when it has a small crew.

Another option is to search with a ship with large guns and sink everything that floats and collect what is left of the wreck ...:pirate41:

The search for the perfect option is part of the charm of the game ...:cheers

Update 03/Feb/2021:
First of all, after years of unhurried yet careful development, my baseline of Storm Engine was taken for further official TEHO development.
What does this mean?
This year huge updates for TEHO engine are expected. This includes DirectX9, incomparably higher performance, high stability and some new features. In fact, all of these are already works with TEHO but requires testing and gradual integration.
Another great news is that our united work on Storm Engine is officially open-sourced now. You can find it under the link: storm-devs/storm-engine

But that's not all. With the upcoming patch 1.7.3 scripts are claimed to be officially opened.
That's good news for TEHO modders to be officially recognised.
However, this also makes tehomod's modular mods idiom not working anymore.
If you are mod developer, keep your PROGRAM folder backed up as it may be overwritten with the next update.

Hopefully, that Sea Dogs reforge will bring the game series alive. :ship

Back