• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Tenochtitlan Quest Fix

A temporary fix for those with problems on the Tenochtitlan quest (getting a guy with empty dialog):

Please note this is not official in any way, and I can take no responsibility if this solution messes up your save game, or otherwise hurts the game. Do this at your own risk, and please backup your save.

First of all, make sure Age of Pirates is closed (don't do this while the game is running)

Backup the files in the following folders so you can revert back to them if necessary:
(Age of Pirates Base Directory)\Program\DIALOGS\russian\Quest\Tenochtitlan
(Age of Pirates Base Directory)\Program\Text\Dialogs\Quest\Tenochtitlan

There should be 3 files in each of those directories, for 6 files in total.

Edit all 6 of those files in a text editor (such as WordPad).
You'll need to replace all instances of the word "DLG_TEXT" with "DLG_TEXT_TE" (WITHOUT quotes) in all 6 files.

To do that in WordPad for instance:
1. Open one of the files.
2. Click Edit, then click Replace.
3. In the "Find what:" box, type in DLG_TEXT
4. In the "Replace With:" box, type in DLG_TEXT_TE
5. Click the "Replace All" button.
6. Save.
7. Repeat on the remaining 5 files.

Now try to talk to the man who had a blank dialog box again.

This is the Fix for the Tenochitlan quest bug where you get the dude that runs up to you with an empty dialog file.

I did not figure this out and can't remember who originally posted it, but thanks to that original poster!

Cap'n Drow
Oh thanks! Now I can play the Tenochtitlan quest with the TE text (Tenochtitlan Text).

A temporary fix for those with problems on the Tenochtitlan quest (getting a guy with empty dialog):

Please note this is not official in any way, and I can take no responsibility if this solution messes up your save game, or otherwise hurts the game. Do this at your own risk, and please backup your save.

First of all, make sure Age of Pirates is closed (don't do this while the game is running)

Backup the files in the following folders so you can revert back to them if necessary:
(Age of Pirates Base Directory)\Program\DIALOGS\russian\Quest\Tenochtitlan
(Age of Pirates Base Directory)\Program\Text\Dialogs\Quest\Tenochtitlan

There should be 3 files in each of those directories, for 6 files in total.

Edit all 6 of those files in a text editor (such as WordPad).
You'll need to replace all instances of the word "DLG_TEXT" with "DLG_TEXT_TE" (WITHOUT quotes) in all 6 files.

To do that in WordPad for instance:
1. Open one of the files.
2. Click Edit, then click Replace.
3. In the "Find what:" box, type in DLG_TEXT
4. In the "Replace With:" box, type in DLG_TEXT_TE
5. Click the "Replace All" button.
6. Save.
7. Repeat on the remaining 5 files.

Now try to talk to the man who had a blank dialog box again.

This is the Fix for the Tenochitlan quest bug where you get the dude that runs up to you with an empty dialog file.

I did not figure this out and can't remember who originally posted it, but thanks to that original poster!

Cap'n Drow
The original poster is a member called Munty.

Back