• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Terrible Flashing

Torren

Landlubber
I am using the Beta 2.5, I just downloaded it and every display that isn't a load screen is accompanied with dramatic flashing of the entire screen. Any way to fix this?

Hmm your description is a bit vague.. I think you are mentioning the Grahpic-Anomalies, but they only occur on sea when a ship has a broken mast..
Maybe a screenshot (F8) would help :yes

Hmm your description is a bit vague.. I think you are mentioning the Grahpic-Anomalies, but they only occur on sea when a ship has a broken mast..
Maybe a screenshot (F8) would help :yes[/quote

Well... You can't really screenshot it. I'll be more specific: As soon as the Engine start, beginning with the little cannonball animation, the entire screen flashes like a strobe light. This continues constantly, no matter what you are doing in-game. It doesn't flash white, it flashes black.

This seems more like a graphic-card or graphic-driver problem than a game problem.. Can you write down your system specifications here? Also how old is your driver for your graphics-card?

Well they thing is I'm running off a Mac, I have special software to run XP simultaneously.

3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor

4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Memory

ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB Graphics Card

Now I'm trying to uninstall/reinstall and it isn't allowing an uninstall

A Mac, eh? Interesting. I don't remember anyone before who made that work properly. :shock

Did the game has those issues before installing the modpack too? Does it happen only ashore? Or only at sea? Or both?

It's a delicate balance, but it works. The game ran perfectly as the original, mod 13, and mod 14 Beta 2.1. It happens all the time, it only doesn't happen when there is a loading screen.

Even Build 14 Beta 2.1 worked perfectly, you say? Why would Beta 2.5 be any different?
You didn't install SwiftShader, ENB or the Intel GFX Fix, did you?

Here's to hoping it'll work. Make sure to not install any of the additional options.

Try also this: After installing your stock game file, copy your engine.ini somewhere safe.
If you get the same problem, but your stock game engine.ini back. The Beta 2.5 installer does overwrite that file.
Shouldn't be a problem, because it just installs the European version, but you never do know with these crazy computer things.

I'm too late. :(

That is a video card driver issue. I have run into it recently too. My solution is to go into the AMD Vision ECC and fiddle with the settings there. Methinks it has to do with anti aliasing settings, as in supersampling causes the flickering but multisampling is good. Create a profile for POTC and then you should be fine.

The European engine.ini causes it? o_O The European version runs so much better than the American version I am not tempted to go that route.

Maybe a screenshot (F8) would help :yes
How do you fix that anomaly when a ship has a broken mast? It's driving me nuts. Soon as someone gets dismasted, black and white flashing shapes like crazy.

Pirate_KK is trying. Not an easy task though and it isn't done yet.

Back