• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Terribly low FPS

Deathstar

Scurvy Dog
Hello lads,

I got myself to check out the Build mod once again - last time I failed to properly install it, but now I followed all the FAQs and installed the game in a different folder (c:/Pirates/). I can say that it finally works!

However, apart from the frequent crashing, that commonly occurs after a loading screen, I have an extremely low FPS count and the whole game, no matter where I am, stutters like it's Crysis 4 on max details.

My comp:

Intel Core2Quad Q9400 @ 2.67 GHz
Nvidea GTX260
4 Gig RAM

Is there any way to fix this? I don't even mind all the crashes as much as I mind the FPS issue...

Cheers,

deathstar

e.:

Thanks for the recommendations Pieter, I ended up going with #1 ;-) .. the game is running smoothly without enhanced gfx or swiftshaders. It's a shame they slow down my system so much though!

I'll try reinstalling everything now without the Shader enabled.

:gday :cheers

So, you installed swiftshader too? That is very common and you are lucky it ran at all. When I do that it crashes. :facepalm

Your fps will never be stellar. This program has extremely long draw distances, like kilometers. You are out in the open sea, after all. :sail

My system is similar to yours and it can be forced down to single digit fps at 30x speed.

Q6600 quad @2.5 ghz
GTX275
8gig ram
Win7 64bit

Back