• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Terry Snider "Father Bernard" reference missing

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
In the early explorers when one does the Animist quest there comes the time when you talk to a warf rat and it looks to be unfinished.
POTC CAB 2015-08-17 17-22-19-58.jpg

Or did you start your game prior to some of the more recent updates? Would need to have be more than about 2 weeks ago though.

That is from the CAB game with no updates outside of me messing with some ships. I have done F11 but after that I think.

That's odd; I thought that should work....

You have a save just prior to that point by any chance?

In Terry Snider_dialog.h file

Code:
"Dey kilt me bruthah, mistah. Ah hates dem worse den anyting, but Ah wouldn' go lookin' fo' dem fer all de gold in de Caribbean. But if ye be willin' t' die fer gold, matey, den go talk to #sFatherBernard# on #sisland_Redmond#. He not a good man eithah, but he might know where dose devils be.",

Should #sFatherBernard#

be #sFather Bernard#

OR #sFather_Bernard#

perhaps :shrug

Just a thought

:read

Attachments

• Terry Snider_dialog.h
    10.6 KB · Views: 117
It should match with what is set in Periods.c but as far as I remember, it is actually spelled correctly.

In Early Explorers - Port Royale is called Santiago de la Vega -- That is the Santiago that is meant.
Yep. It actually refers to the name of the island "Santiago" which is what the Spanish used to call Jamaica.
Of course that is wonderfully confusing as there is also a town named Santiago and the only way to tell the difference from the sentence is that it says ON Santiago rather than IN Santiago. :facepalm

These Spaniards - so little imagination when naming their towns. xD
True words! :rofl

It shouldn't.

This is the line from the dialog:
"Dey kilt me bruthah, mistah. Ah hates dem worse den anyting, but Ah wouldn' go lookin' fo' dem fer all de gold in de Caribbean. But if ye be willin' t' die fer gold, matey, den go talk to #sFatherBernard# on #sisland_Redmond#. He not a good man eithah, but he might know where dose devils be.",

This is where that preprocessor is defined in Periods.c:
Preprocessor_Save("FatherBernard", GetMySimpleName(CharacterFromID("Father Bernard")));

Same spelling so matches up and should work. At least theoretically. o_O

Could it be @Hylie Pistof is playing on an older savegame where the preprocessor data isn't added yet to his game?

Could it be the "Padre" that is causing the problem

from Periods.c

Code:
if(GetCurrentPeriod() == PERIOD_EARLY_EXPLORERS)
   {
     Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Father Bernard")].name = "Padre"; // Override random first name   <<------- This Line ??? 
     Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Father Jerald")].name = "Padre"; // Override random first name
     ref ch = CharacterFromID("Father Gareth");
     ch.nation = GetTownNation("Redmond");
     SetRandomNameToCharacter(ch);
     ch.name = "Padre"; // Override random first name
     ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("Contre-Amirale"), "none", ""); //Sinking the Vogelstruijs
   }
   else
   {
     //First Contact quest
     PChar.quest.Firstcontact = "";
     PChar.quest.Contact_start.win_condition.l1 = "location";
     PChar.quest.Contact_start.win_condition.l1.character = PChar.id;
     PChar.quest.Contact_start.win_condition.l1.location = "Grand_Cayman_townhall";
     PChar.quest.Contact_start.win_condition = "Contact_start";
     //First Contact quest
   }

//Church_Help
   characters[GetCharacterIndex("Father Bernard")].quest.church_help.quest.Church_Help = "";
   Preprocessor_Save("FatherBernard",   GetMySimpleName(CharacterFromID("Father Bernard")));
   Preprocessor_Save("FatherJerald",   GetMySimpleName(CharacterFromID("Father Jerald")));
   Preprocessor_Save("FatherGareth",   GetMySimpleName(CharacterFromID("Father Gareth")));
   //Church_help

:shrug

I just forced a test on this in my own game and cannot confirm the problem:
upload_2015-8-20_14-1-52.png

To prevent any confusion from that dialog in the future, I am changing that text to:
#sFatherBernard# in the town of #sRedmond#

But otherwise, I suspect this problem comes from an outdated New Game or something going wrong with Reinit.

Since that install is ALL NEW it can not be outdated. The only thing I did in that install was to attempt to get the CastelF going.

All I can say is that I tried to confirm the problem on my own game version and failed. :shrug

Back