• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

the DMC storyline

Ah, you made it here. There has been mention of a tutorial about how to go about writing a story, but I can not find it yet.
Basically, just start writing the story and then others will assist you in getting it into POTC.

What I'd recommend is to try to get something simple working in the game itself. Even if it's just a character with one line of dialog.

yes indeed i did, ive been here before on a different email, I've just never posted anything.
so i just start by using word right? Sorry if that seems like noobish thing to ask, its just that I've never done something like creating dialog for something this big. Does creating the dialog mean I do the storyline and create the walkthrough for it, or does someone else do that.

Does creating the dialog mean I do the storyline and create the walkthrough for it, or does someone else do that.

Welcome to the forum - :doff

If you are creating a storyline - then it usually does mean doing the dialog, - creating the story and adding the characters & whatever else you want to put into the game. :yes

Everyone here will try and help you with the problems that you encounter along the way, but as there are actually very few active modders arround at the moment, and thay are spread over both POTC and COAS, I am affraid that you will have to do most of the hard work yourself. Please don't be put off by this, as I said everyone here will try and help you as much as possible. Walkthroughs can be done as people play the story you have created ( this also helps in finding bugs and other problems).

A good place to start is to look at the New Horizons Tutorial & History.pdf file in the game's documentation folder - it will tell you how to create the code to add new characters to the game and lots of other useful information.

:read

so by reading that, it should tell me everything i need to know about how to do this thing, plus im let me say "long time listener first time caller" so to speak if you get my meaning.

so by reading that, it should tell me everything i need to know about how to do this thing,

Umm -- is should tell you quite a lot - but probably not everything - you will find it confusing at first as it contains information about changing the game in many different ways and is not specifically written for creating new story lines.

But as I said, when you get stuck or have a problem post on the forum and someone will be here to try and help you - though it may take a day or 2 before you get a reply as we are scattered all over the world.

:doff

Back