• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

the game is slow

What do you mean with "slow"? Have you tried the [R] and [G] keys to change the time compression?
[R] should speed things up, [G] slows things down.

If you mean at sea, maybe it is because you're playing with Realistic Game Mode? Switch to Arcade and it should be faster too.

Note that when you switch, the change will only take effect in the next new game you start.

Are you saying that the game has very low frames per second or does it stop completely?

Ah, very low frame rate. When you were installing build 14 beta 1 full, did you check the boxes for ENB and SwiftShader? Swiftshader is for Intel graphics and turns off the video card. This delivers poor frame rate.

Also, when at sea and using time compression the frame rate drops a lot. I often see single digit frame rate at that time.

Do you have an intel graphics card? What are your computer specs and OS? Any of that information would be helpful.

I don't have an intel graphics card.
these are the specs of my computer:
-windows xp service pack 3
-AMD Sempron (tm) processor 2800
-448 Mb ram
UniChrome Pro IGP -VIA/S3G

Okay, your processor and RAM are quite a bit low for the build mod 14, so unfortunately, the game will always be slow until you upgrade your hardware, I don't think we can do much here to help with that... Maybe running a lower res would help speed it up a little, but no promises...

Idk about that either, your computer is a very slow computer, it would be more likely to work on that build, but again, I can't make any promises...

What you can do is to install the unmodified game, then install Build 13, see if that runs smooth, then install Build 14 Beta 1 and check if that runs nicely as well and finally Patch 7.
That way, at least we'd know on which step the framerate drop occurs.

I don't have an intel graphics card.
these are the specs of my computer:
-windows xp service pack 3
-AMD Sempron (tm) processor 2800
-448 Mb ram
UniChrome Pro IGP -VIA/S3G

Just to say that is an on-board graphics chip:

http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/chipsets/k8-series/k8m800/#features

it mentions it on that page, and it basicaly is the same as an intel on board graphics chip, just an amd flavour one. But yeah that is probably the number 1 problem on your system, the other issue might be the 448MB of ram, just in relation to the Build Mod. These were the original specs for the base PotC game:

System requirements

Windows:

* 800 MHz Intel Pentium III or AMD Equivalent CPU
* 128 MB RAM
* 8x CD/DVD-ROM drive
* 1.5 GB hard disk space
* 32 MB DirectX 8.1 compatible graphics card
* DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
* Windows

The Build Mod added quite a bit of stress on top of that. I run it on an AMD FX-60 2.6 GHz dual core, with 3GB of RAM and a 512MB Nvidia 9600GT graphics card, and it slows down in some places on that, so your system will be struggling i suspect. Try the Build 13 and see if it improves anything, but your on-board graphics chip will probably still be a problem i suspect. Does your system run the original game fine(before you use the mods?). It might be worth giving the Build Mod 12 Full a go also?

Back