• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Abandoned The Honorable Nobles

Edit: I now have added in a Marquis Sir Garfield, who has the citiz_4 model and face 41, and the game miraculasouly fixed. And now I can also use the debugger and can see what face and model people are using his military title is knight, he has same weapon as Ayden and has same pistol as ayden. Does anyone know how to make a character have no ship? Like start out with no ship at all?

Does anyone know how to make a character have no ship? Like start out with no ship at all?
It may be possible, check "PROGRAM\Ships\Ships_init.c".

I believe in there there should be some entry for having no ship at all.

If it does exist, then go to where you give your characters ships, and have it so they get this "ship".

Unfortunately, I don't have CoAS installed at the moment, so I can't help you more than that.

Also an advice, when uploading mods make sure you put everything in the correct folders, and not just upload the files themselves.
Someone experienced can figure where the files go, but not all users can.

In order to do this, you will have to make the correct folder structure and place the files where they should be.
Then compress the folders along with the files contained, into one archive, like a ".zip" file for example.

I believe in there there should be some entry for having no ship at all.

If it does exist, then go to where you give your characters ships, and have it so they get this "ship".
Try "PROGRAM\Ships\ships.h". I believe what you're looking for is either "SHIP_NOTUSED" or "SHIP_NOTUSED_TYPE_NAME" depending on whether the ship's index number (e.g. "SHIP_LUGGER") or type name (e.g. "Lugger") would normally be used to assign a character's ship in CoAS.

Try "PROGRAM\Ships\ships.h". I believe what you're looking for is either "SHIP_NOTUSED" or "SHIP_NOTUSED_TYPE_NAME" depending on whether the ship's index number (e.g. "SHIP_LUGGER") or type name (e.g. "Lugger") would normally be used to assign a character's ship in CoAS.
Yep, @Grey Roger is correct, luckily enough CoAS was installed on my desktop.
Search in "PROGRAM\Ships\ships.h".

DAM it, I am getting rusty. :oops:

I know but it crashed for either that reason or something else. Also where is the code for the tavern sleep ability? Oh and here is the newest version all packed up

Last edited:
Ook. But how do you make it so you can select a new character on the selection screen? If I was to find the trigger code what or how would I add it in to a house?

Last edited:
IMPORTANT: this new version includes a house for the player in Trinidad and Tobago. Note that most stuff in this mod is centered around Lord Fluffy. Requires GOF 2.0 and it's 1.3 beta patch. Feel free to improve the mod if you want, but always include me. Like say that this mod was coded and mainly made by Vice Admiral Nelson. The tavern in Port of Spain in now the player's house, complete with new rooms and new interior. This is still in beta and will continue to have new versions for a while until it is perfected. also when you exit the port of Spain city gates it will take you to an estate. I will try duplicating the port of Spain tavern for an unneeded house and then reverting the tavern to its original state. I am expirementing with housekeeping characters, and making other buildings into a tavern like state. Oh now the residence in Barbados is now literally a home for the player and it is still a residence but better. Now finally there is new complete nobility titles and they are recognized by the game as a thing that is like the navy titles. There currently is, knight (sir) which is the lowest, and then there's baron, then viscount then Marquis then earl then Duke. There is a section for them on the character menu. But they have to manually be set through the inititems.c file. I will upload the newest version either later tonight or tomorrow. Whenever I do, this post will say that. Now i will upload the latest and best version, but in two parts.

Attachments

• characterbetapart1.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 417
Last edited:
I have to upload this part 2 after in separate post. Oh I didn't realize it was so small lol. Wait who was the one who tried the mod? Oh and there may not be any more versions just because my game is broken and I can't fix it unless someone knows how to fix the exact problem I have, look for the post need help: is there a way to delete the start tutorial?.

Attachments

• characterbetapart2.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 364
Last edited:
There will be no more releases of this mod until I have my game fixed, or in the worst case hopefully Saturday. No reason to add new things if they won't get tested, and when stuff doesn't get tested they may not work. Sorry for the inconvenience for any poeple that like this mod, if any.

Back