• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The "Le Superbe"

Yes i tried it and it didn't work, then i got tied down so couldn't do anything so i don't know what happened since you made the edits to those files.

Will there be different colour schemes for purchase from different nations?

... For example:

The Bolona 3rd rate I've seen in white and black or the yellow and black aka Nelson's checker.

The Surpise is Nelson's Checker when bought or under the Command of British Captains or I've seen her in Red and Black when under the command of Pirate Captains.

That would be the plan for most ships that doesn't have a spacific nation, however i think to make the model use the spacific texture for the nation would be hard coded for more stability, not sure about that.

What didn't work with that National Ships code? What I posted is the exact way we did it in PotC; it should work, theoretically.
I hope somebody can try again some time; if anyone needs any help, just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

The ships i had set to spacific nations was been generated in the nations i had set to 0, the Victory was set to England only but i say Spain with it too. I tried making it so the Pirates would have a ship more to how they would, more guns mounted, bigger cargoholds etc and they was been generated for all nations even though i had set them to be pirates only.

Try adding some trace() lines in the code for it to check that it executes and does what it's supposed to.

'Le Superbe' est fantastique, bravo pgargon!
(for those who don't know, that means "Le Superbe is fantastic". I thought replying in French for a French ship was appropriate)

She's so fantastic, in fact....

http://www.moddb.com...perbe1#imagebox

...guess what I've been doing! :cheeky
Yep, she deserves a place in PotC. :onya

EDIT: Updated image to include correct French navy flags

EDIT2: Updated with long and thin pennants

She looks great in PotC! Glad to see you got the hang of the conversion process, Experienced Captain. Good job to the both of you! :onya
For PotC, make sure you set all national chance lines to 0.0, except for France, otherwise other nations might use her.

She looks great in PotC! Glad to see you got the hang of the conversion process, Experienced Captain. Good job to the both of you! :onya
For PotC, make sure you set all national chance lines to 0.0, except for France, otherwise other nations might use her.
Thanks, it's actually much easier than it seems! :yes Perhaps it would be a good idea to post a short tutorial like the others...
As for the national chance, no worries mate- I used the French 74-Gun 3rd Rate as a template for the ships_init entry, so that's already sorted. ;)

My only query is that she seems to display merchant ensigns rather than navy ones by default.
I've set her to Trade = false and War = true, so is there anything else?

Oh, and would it be possible to add a walk file for the crew? Or is that complicated...?

There is a walk file already made for her, you need to convert it though or maybe there is another way that might be easier. If you search for the tutorial for converting POTC walk files to COAS then reverse the process and it might work. It is a long process though and one that annoys me a lot lol.

My only query is that she seems to display merchant ensigns rather than navy ones by default.
I've set her to Trade = false and War = true, so is there anything else?
You are testing her as a player ship, right?
For the player, I once added some code that will always put a merchant flag on your ship, unless you've got a Letter of Marque OR the ship has "HMS" or "USS" in her name.
I think that's the reason for this and she will show the correct flag when used in random encounters.

Oh, and would it be possible to add a walk file for the crew? Or is that complicated...?
It's definitly more complicated than the rest of the porting process because PotC uses a different ship walk system.
There's a tutorial somewhere with some pointers on how to convert between the two formats, but as Luke says, it IS a long and annoying process.
We should try to find a programmer somewhere who could write an automatic conversion program; I reckon that IS possible.

See this thread for information on the walk/sailorspoints files:
http://forum.piratesahoy.net//topic/11880-sailorspoints-for-the-black-pearl/

Also, I sent a PM to some people who might be capable of writing a conversion tool.
Let's see what happens. :shrug

You are testing her as a player ship, right?
For the player, I once added some code that will always put a merchant flag on your ship, unless you've got a Letter of Marque OR the ship has "HMS" or "USS" in her name.
Oh, that makes sense (it's quite clever actually :onya ). Yes that would explain it.
I'll try to get a LoM with France as soon as I can, that way I can get some good screenshots with the correct flags.

It's definitly more complicated than the rest of the porting process because PotC uses a different ship walk system.
I see... I certainly wouldn't fancy going through THAT process! At least it's not essential, but it makes the ships look better in-game.
Otherwise they look like ghost ships! :shock

Also, I sent a PM to some people who might be capable of writing a conversion tool.
Let's see what happens. :shrug
Ah, good idea- that should make life easier, especially considering that there are still quite a few ships without walk files in PotC. :yes

Oh, that makes sense (it's quite clever actually ). Yes that would explain it.
I'll try to get a LoM with France as soon as I can, that way I can get some good screenshots with the correct flags.
You can also just rename your ship to start their names with "HMS" or "USS".
It won't make sense, but it'll work. :cheeky

You can also just rename your ship to start their names with "HMS" or "USS".
It won't make sense, but it'll work. :cheeky
Never mind, I got lazy and did that. :razz
I've uploaded an updated image; see my first post about porting her (#27).

Quick update again, changed the pennants to be long and thin. :onya

I was just going to sea upon leaving Martinique port, when I turned the camera and thought: "That... is... BEAUTIFUL!" :shock

Superbe_at_Martinique.jpg

One of my favourite screenshots yet- I just had to show you guys! :woot

Back