• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

"The location of some gifts" is completed but won't leave my log book

MrSparkle

Landlubber
I'm playing an old saved game from long ago, and noticed that I have that quest as well as the reward for it (the german rapier). It's still showing as a quest in my log book that I have to complete. I tried going back to the town to find the random person who gave it to me but can't find him. I've also gone back to La Vega where it was found. Nothing there either.

Is this just one of those bugs with COAS/combined mod? Sort of like how you can remove cannons from your ship into your hold infinitely?

Last edited:
I nowremember why I stopped playing this game in the first place: freezing during storms, most likely a sound issue. The sound of rain for instance drops in and out like the game engine can't handle too many sounds at once, then my entire system freezes and I have to hard reset it. It's not an issue with graphics since I tried disabling rain entirely and my system is more than capable of handling it (i7 2700k). No this is a sound issue, and I can't figure out how to fix it.

Maybe it is a graphics issue since I see a lot of people reporting this problem with nvidia cards, which I have. It's the storms no matter what. Everything else runs fine.

Last edited:
Where the heck is the quest continued then? Let me look that quest up and see what's up.

I don't have the sound problems mentioned in that thread. All sounds are fine until there's a storm, then between the rain sound, wind, thunder and lightning, cannons etc. sounds start cutting in and out and a system freeze is imminent.

There are random people around the Caribbean who will ask you questions. I have a different one than you do, but I might get that one next.

There are about six searches and the quest never finishes, just like the Isabella one. For more quest info, look up Skodarap's COAS Site.

Back