• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help The Poseidon's mast1 has troubled me

DF5

Sailor Apprentice
Storm Modder
I 've found that the Poseidon's bowsprit sail can not be closed when in the "battle sail". I tried to changed the mast1 to mast0, and the rey_d1 to rey_a1. but there is a serious problem: the model of mast1.gm's locators can not be read in also GMview and Tools. Even I used Hex Edit, fail to find any character of d1, what I could see is some messy code. Is the only way to resolve this problem to reexport it with Maya? but in such way I must rewrite all the mast1.gm's locator's.:(

Attachments

• 210124q3388p0ur301hgq4.jpg
    210124q3388p0ur301hgq4.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Looking at the Poseidon in GMViewer it looks like you want to rename rey_a1 to something else, and then rename rey_d1 to rey_a1.
Then on mast 2 rename the rey_d1 locator to rey_a1.
That should do it.

I know to rename the d1 to a1, but the key problem is that the locators of mast1.gm could not be modified. They also could not be read in GMView and the Inez Dias Tool.o_O

Yes it looks like mast1 has been corrupted. It also looks like it has no locators at all on it.

The locator for rey_d1 is on mast 2, not mast 1.

In this case, I'v got an idea: Copy ray_d1, and rename it to ray_a1, then remove all the locators on the original file about sails and their ropes, and use HexEdit to replace the texture to an alpha texture. then attach the copied ray_a1 to the modified ray_d1. do you think this method will be feasible? :cool:but I don't know whether a ray attached to another ray can work correctly?

Last edited:
I do not understand your problem. As long as the locators in the rey_d1 are not renamed they will work fine. Rey_d1 can be renamed and should work.

Look at NL_Pinnace to see how it should be done. That is the first one I changed and it works. There are others but I forget which ones they are.

I did it as this method last night, but unfortunately failed. the sail on ray_a1 would not open any more. I think that is limited by some hard codes: the sails of which ray must be attached to some masts can work correctly. So the only way to avoid the sail opened is to abandon it with removing all the sails locators of that ray, or reexport it using maya, and rewrite all the locators.:boom:

Last edited:
Try this. There are two GMs in there. Rename you existing mast2 GM and drop this one in there. The other one will cause no conflicts and just drop it into your Poseidon folder too.

I have not figured out how to get the Poseidon into my game so I do not know if it will work yet, but it should.

Attachments

• battle sail.7z
    894.7 KB · Views: 201
Back