• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

the REAL Black Pearl!!!!! PLEASE!!! COME ON PEOPLE!!!

The Black Pearl from POTC game...

• VERY ugly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ugly

• ok

• "thats such a pretty boat...SHIP"

• hot as ol CaptJack's Girlfriend! in other words beautiful!!!

• "well, i like...*slap* hey! i didnt say nuthin pervy yet!!!"

• Total voters

CaptJackSparrow

PSYCHEDELIC PYRATE
i personally hate how the Black Pearl was made. it looks like what comes out of my back end into the toilet...or back yard of someones yard that i hate...errr, YOU DIDNT HEAR THAT FROM ME!!! :d: :p: . anyways, i think that if ye's a modder, could you PLEASE make a better to exact replica of the Black Pearl from the movie? like, keep the sails normal white, for in the build we can change the sails to the ripped ones in the game at the Boatyard if we want, but i dont like the look of them, so keep the regular sails on it. could ye!!!??? if i had Maya 4.5 id help, for im gonna download it or somethin soon, but alas, i dont have it YET...either way, i would want someone PROFESSIONAL to make it, not a NON artistic person like me :cheers ...please! and the highest bidder gets it!!! err, wait this is free!!! xD:

Aye Cap'n JAck.i'd agree wid ye on 'at point fer sure.A whole new model would be nice,I'd setlle fer some retextur'n on dat hulk :p:

aye, i hated de stupid "pearl" that looked soo dull anyway on de arse of de ship...there was windows there! not a "wannabe" pearl! :p:

Could be dey took de windows out so 'at when yer wobbly frem slosh'n back tew much grog.ye won't fall out yer window an drown HAR! :p:

<snicker> For some reason, that reminds me of the scene in "Hook" where they're in Hook's cabin and he's got that huge bathtub where he's sailing the model ships... :p:

Oh yes, that was just too much fun. Now, how perfect was that initial harbor scene where all the pirates were lying around the docks and Peter (Robin Williams) was trying to pass himself off as one of them so he could infiltrate with the Lost Boys? LOL! I REALLY loved the look of that set!

hey cat, ur a modder, or atleast you know all of them with the new build comin....do u think after the build and expansion and all, someone would be willin to make an almost exact replica of the black pearl Hull? ps, not the sails, keep them the same, just the hull. :p:

There are a lot of shipbuilding junkies out there, CJS... Grumblepunk is the one to talk to about this, as I am not working in Maya (yet).

I would like to see the "real" Pearl myself - with that awesome figurehead!

I would honestly so love to do this ship if you could find a set of lines for it. I have looked and looked for information on that damned ship in the past. There's no clear cut answer as to even WHAT KIND of ship it is, much less any concrete information. Seems to have been dreamed up by the producer. Either way, she's stunning and needs to be sailed.

hey Black_Pearl, do you make ships, skins etc? maybe yew wanna make the ship? if not, i am gonna try either way, right now i am getting Adobe Photoshop cs 7.0 or 8.0 whatever one is newest from my mom and Maya 4.5 and ill get plugins from here...the only thing i will be lacking would be skill, so if anyone wanna take a shot at making the REAL looking Black Pearl go ahead! truly, i think Black Pearl should make it if he can, lol it would be cool to have the man with the name make the ship! :cheers

The Black Pearl in the movie was dreamed up by the folks who made the movie. . .

She's got a few fundamental problems. . .

For a ship so large (she's actually pretty small), she's got a very shallow draught and her lowerdeck guns are very high above the waterline. . . she's got no tumblehome. . .

If that ship were to actually sail (the one in the movie was built on a barge and floated out for filming) she'd be a poor sailer; she'd drift to leeward something awful, and she'd be hell to steer because her rudder wouldn't bite, but more likely, being so `top-heavy` and so shallow, the'd simply flip over and sink like the Wasa did. (and the Wasa had significantly more bulk below the waterline.)

Somebody might make the Black Pearl, but it won't be me. (If I can ever figure out where I get the Maya plugins. . . :? )

new movie? i've missed something, is there gonna be a Pirates of the Caribbean 2?

aye! and a 3rd, and MAYBE a 4th, but not for sure...itll be a trilogy for sure, but maybe a 4th one too?? mate go here to my post about keith richards in the new movie and ull see!

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/ftopic1566.php

The Black Pearl in the movie was dreamed up by the folks who made the movie. . .

She's got a few fundamental problems. . .

For a ship so large (she's actually pretty small), she's got a very shallow draught and her lowerdeck guns are very high above the waterline. . . she's got no tumblehome. . .

i know mate, but still i want the regular black pearl in the game replaced by the real black pearl ship from the movie regardless of all what u said. i know, i read up on it and they said EXACTLY waht u said about the ship, and how a barge motored the fake exterior ship black pearl, but still, this is a game and we can fix the ship up a bit, but i still want the ugly pearl off the back, and make it a bit better looking, and still call it the black pearl. i KNOW, i wouldnt want the exact replica of the black pearl from the movie, but at least make the ship look better and more "black pearlly" lol :?:

yeah whenever i get Maya 4.5 and when my dad gives me the Photoshop CS 8.0 ill make it cuz it seems noone wants to build it anyway, and i dont blame them cuz most of the modders are doing the expansion, so im not mad, ill try to make a new model meself! ;)

Back