• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The scale of POTC: Build

Redrick

Landlubber
I'm just realizing the scale that the mod has put into this game, and am constantly taken back in awe. With that, I have several questions.

1. I'm playing Ironman mode, and I read that it takes a month to sail from one farthest point to the other. Where is there a clock in game to look at the time?

2. I found that you could storm and capture forts and ports. Do nations do this to, or is it just me? Like can I show up to an island when the french are attacking an english port and join in?

3. I forget where, but I think I read that (assuming the above is true) island names and ports will change names as they change allegiences. Is this true, and to keep up to date I have to buy up to date maps right?

4. How exactly do I go below deck while sailing instead of going to the other screen to select going to port, sea, decks or whatever. I ask this, because I read that at times I'd have to go below deck to gather gun powder in the middle of battle (I think)? How does one do this.

Once again, I can't state enough how deep this mod is, and how great it is that after 10 years you are still going at it.

Welcome aboard

Some answers:-

1) - I think in Ironman mode you have to buy a clock from a store or trader to make the on screen clock & date appear

2) - Only the player can capture towns and forts ( other nations can't )

3) - The island and town names are set by the time period (year ) you pick when you start a storyline - 1st screen where you select your name etc.
They are historically correct for the period and the correct nation should control an island or town for the period as well.

4) - not sure

If any of the above is wrong I am sure someone else will provide a correct answer

:drunk

1. Talisman is correct; you need to buy a clock and then the time will appear on the screen.

2. While we do have ideas about adding other nations taking over towns, we haven't done so yet.

3. You only need to buy each island map once for reference. The names will not change during play, though can be different between storylines.

4. You can visit your ship's deck using the [Enter] menu at sea.
If you run out of personal gunpowder, you can get more at the ammunition locker on your ship's deck.
However, if you hire a gunner, then you will be automatically resupplied when you set sail, saving you the trouble.

2. But if you come upon ships attacking a fort and the attacking ships are not hostile to you, you can join the fun and take the fort for yourself.

4. To be on the safe side I will say you have to hit ENTER and scroll to the ship icon to then gain access to all ship decks.

2. Have you ever seen NPC ships destroy a fort completely? Even if not, you might still make use of their efforts.
Or if they ARE hostile to you, just wait until the fort sank them all and THEN attack. Bloody pirates.... :rolleyes:

Haha, thank you guys. I can't wait for the finished product after reading up on your ideas. I ask the fort bit, because on my first game after doing the tutorial I went out to sea to find that a few privateers had seemingly blockaded the port and the fort was throwing massive barrages toward them. I thought it was funny.

Destroyed completely? Methinks so more than one time. It was Port Royal and I was trying to leave and had to weave between those monster ships. I don't remember their nationality but they were not hostile to me.

More recently I saw the Marigot fort get destroyed by a Dutch fleet as I was approaching.

Back