• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The Smart Start Mod Version 70: New starting gear for Charles! (CHEAT CODES TOO!) (dlc compatible)

True I only use real name as I have done the quests that I would have had them in anyway.Does any one know how to change the hull texture for the heavy frigate in the ship code when we see the priest,what part of the code controls hull texture..Like when we go to the shipyard and buy a heavy frigate we dont know what color it will be until we go outside to the port,the hull texture could be 1 of 3 choices its random.but the one we get from the priest is always the same.ive tried 20 odd times..

About the spawning officer, If we just generate the character using the quest related character's model thing should be fine, for example Catherine in the Turtle soup quest
GetCharacter(NPC_GenerateCharacter("Kathy", "Catherine", "woman", "woman", 10, ENGLAND, -1, true, "quest"));
instead of using the default name of Catherine, we can change it to Sandy or Sally, it may prevent conflict when we acquire Catherine in the quest later on.

About your ship question, I think the SetBaseShipData is responsible to the ship appearance.
In the Bebua,c file the ship you spawn has SetBaseShipData(pchar)
In reaction_function meifang ship has SetBaseShipData(rChar), Valkyrie also has the same.
Some other ship has SetBaseShipData(sld)
So how about you change the SetBaseShipData line?

Tomy, the officer that we use as a template for the benua.c file will be overwriten by the original version in game if you come into contact. I use Florian Shoke (from the quest Caribbean in a nutshell) code sld = GetCharacter(NPC_GenerateCharacter("Florian", "off_fra_3", "man", "man", 40, FRANCE, -1, true, "quest")); as a template for my officer, everything is fine until I meet him onboard his ship. My officer got overwriten with Florian Shoke stats. After I finish the quest, the character got removed. The slot is still occupied but the portrair is gone, the character also gone. Seem like I can't dismiss him or do anything since he doesn't appear even if you assign him as a boarder. When I go to the priest to summon him again, I get the character but still lost the slot.

I would suggest using the lower officer slot in benua.c give the officer a name that the quests will not use,2 officer models of the same type can be used in the ships roster,I have 2 boarders employed via the tavern in this way..Remember there are 2 officer slots in the benua.c upper one uses random names ..lower one has name fields in it..look at the difference in these two lines
sld = GetCharacter(NPC_GenerateCharacter("Lucas", "Lucas", "man", "man", 30, HOLLAND, -1, false, "quest"));
sld = GetCharacter(NPC_GenerateCharacter("Sleep_Terrax", "Terrax", "man", "man", 1, PIRATE, 1, true, "quest"));

notice this one has False quest the other has true quest,could this be the issue? member begginfokillz will know more..I have a feeling that false quest will at the end will stop the overwrite of the officer,Have you made the officer immortal?before he was replaced or changed other lines such as

SetCharacterRemovable(sld, true);
AddPassenger(pchar, sld, false);
LAi_SetImmortal(sld, false);

Just a quick reminder to all.Editing your roster via benua.c should be a very late game hobby,and done after all quests that you want to do have been done..
keep backups of your saves and benua.c before you edit anything..

I use the first officer in the benua.c, but i'll try it as you suggest. And I always change the (false, "quest") to (true, "soldier"), not sure about the true and false thing, whether it will be replace by the character or not. I did made the officer immortal, change stats, perks and items. SetCharacterRemovable(sld, true); and AddPassenger(pchar, sld, false); are unchanged.

I edit the game to make I convenience for me to play, as there are some aspect of the game make me feel either lacking or overwhelmed. So I resort to editing to make the game flow at my own pace. Rank 1 is boring, rank 4 is overwhelming as I was overpowered in both ship and fighter quality, and quests are not flexible because if I pass the rank for it, it's gone. So now I only need to see the abbot to increase my rank as I wanted (I can't rank up by earning exp because I max out stats and peark).

So I can play all the quest available to me. Having officers are simply for fun and ship keeping.
By the way, did you manage to change the ship texture?

Hello there! Where to reduce number of soldiers patrolling streets during night ? Or how to reduce their eye distance at night when u are stealthing ?

Ahoy fellow Captains,

Allow me please to describe, as briefly I can, my history in playing pirate games, so you can understand why I am asking this "help - cheat". (please forgive my English, as it is not my native language)

I started with PotC the year it was released. I finished the game both in normal and hard mode. Then I enjoyed Build 10 or 11 for months, and when done, I downloaded the Russian mod (where you could build structures) and I installed russian keyboard and used a translator in order to choose the different option in menus and dialogs. And yes I finished it. Then back to Build 12 and at the same time I played for long time "Pirate of the Burning Sea". (still playing from time to time). I played Age of Pirates, not for long thou.
Then I discovered Sea Dogs and I have finished the TEHO on normal with all type of chars (fencing, trader, etc), I finished the game with all the new DLCs as trader in hard mode. Without any mod or cheat. A lot of hours of play time ......

Started at 2003 and now .... 2019 and I am almost 60 years old.

I like to replay the Sea Dogs TEHO in the very hard mod, but not really play the game, just do quests, raid ports, try things and follow the main quest line of the DLCs but in a relaxed way ...

Could you please tell me what do I have to do with the Smart Start Mod in order to start the game with Maltese Sword, Katana, Colt Pistol with the appropriate ammo (a lot of ammo)?
I tried to figure out by myself, but I was unable .... too old.

Thanks in advance

Cpt Drake

Hi Cpt Drake, I don't know which sword is which, same goes for Colt Pistol. So just install the mod as instructed, then find the file RPGUtilite.c, open it using notepad and look for the word "herotype", keep searching until you find the section where you get your starting gear. add these line for all the non quest related swords:
AddItems(pchar, "blade_1", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_2", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_3", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_4", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_5", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_6", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_7", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_8", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_9", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_10", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_10", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_12", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_13", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_14", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_15", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_16", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_17", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_18", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_19", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_20", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_21", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_22", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_23", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_24", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_25", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_26", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_27", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_28", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_29", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_30", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_31", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_32", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_33", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_34", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_35", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "blade_36", 1);
These line for pistols
AddItems(pchar, "pistol7", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "pistol8", 1);
these lines for ammo
AddItems(pchar, "GunCap_colt", 10000);
AddItems(pchar, "GunEchin", 10000);
You can change the number to higher or lower, but recommend high number for ammo and pistol. Hope you are happy old captain.
And if you want total control like when your rank will goes up, i can help if you want though it make your character very powerful.
As my character is an immortal with max stats, SPECIAL, all perk and able to rank up or down when i want to, arms with the best equipment and loaded with money.

Hello Nelsonliang,

Thank you very much for your help :)

You made my day :D

Thx again

PS1. I try it and the only thing is that "GunEchin" corresponds to "Nail-like Shrapnel" and not to Bullets for colt. Can you please give me the correct name for the colt bullets ?

PS2. I f it si not too much to ask I would like the names for the maps (both ordinary and excellent) and for the sextant.

Thank you in advance

Cpt Drake

Last edited:
Check your perk as it require "gunslinger" to use the colt. These are the three ammo type that I have on my character. Though I am certain that you need both guncap_colt and GunEchi to fire the colt pistol with the ratio 1 guncap + 1 GunEchi

AddItems(pchar, "shotgun_cartridge", 10000);
AddItems(pchar, "GunCap_colt", 10000);
AddItems(pchar, "GunEchin", 10000);
this is for equipping your arms for weapon slot so you don't have to surrender you starting sword (arm this unarmed, then hide all your equipment in the box near the fort)

AddItems(pchar, "unarmed", 1);

Here are the map

AddItems(pchar, "Map_Best", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "A_map_bermudas", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "A_map_jam", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "A_map_cayman", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "A_map_barbados", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "A_map_tortuga", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "A_map_curacao", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "A_map_martiniqua", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "A_map_dominica", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "A_map_trinidad", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "A_map_puerto", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "A_map_cuba", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "A_map_hisp", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "A_map_nevis", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "A_map_beliz", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "A_map_guad", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "A_map_santa", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "A_map_antigua", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "A_map_terks", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "A_map_sm", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "A_map_maine_1", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "A_map_maine_2", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "A_map_panama", 1);

sailing equipment

AddItems(pchar, "Spyglass5", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "sand_clock", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "astrolab", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "compass1", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "clock1", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "sextant1", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "clock2", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "clock3", 1);
AddItems(pchar, "sextant2", 1);

Hm first of all great mod thanks for the work. But i have two questions. The first one since it apears to me the starting ship is now nearly indestructable and moded where can i find it to edit it a bit further. And the second one would it actualy be possible to enable the sail to options for enemy ships or during combat in general. Hm and another questions is are the two ships i can get with the mod are also nearly indestrucatble ?

Don't know how to make unlimited stamina, but you can add more stamina by editing RPGUtilite.c, search float GetCharacterMaxEnergyValue(ref _refCharacter), change some number. This is mine

float GetCharacterMaxEnergyValue(ref _refCharacter)
{
float ret = (800.0 + GetCharacterSPECIAL(_refCharacter, SPECIAL_A)*20);
if (CheckAttribute(_refCharacter, "PerkValue.EnergyPlus"))
{
ret = ret + stf(_refCharacter.PerkValue.EnergyPlus);
}
if(IsEquipCharacterByArtefact(_refCharacter, "indian_7"))
{
ret = ret + makeint(1500 / ret);
}
return ret;
}
float GetCharacterMaxEnergyABSValue(ref _refCharacter)
{
// ïðîâåðêè ïåðêîâ to_do
float ret = (800.0 + GetCharacterSPECIALSimple(_refCharacter, SPECIAL_A)*20);
if (CheckAttribute(_refCharacter, "PerkValue.EnergyPlus"))
{
ret = ret + stf(_refCharacter.PerkValue.EnergyPlus);
}
return ret;
}

Back