• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The Smart Start Mod Version 70: New starting gear for Charles! (CHEAT CODES TOO!) (dlc compatible)

I just run into a way to get god mode, without a new game.

Open "PROGRAM\seadogs.c" with notepad.
Find "void OnLoad()"
Add "LAi_SetImmortal(GetMainCharacter(), true);" after the {.

It should look like this:
Code:
void OnLoad()
{
    LAi_SetImmortal(GetMainCharacter(), true);

actLoadFlag = 1;
After you are done, you can change the "true" to "false" to turn it off. So if a quest does need you to die, you can just turn it off.
Hi,

I hope you don't mind me asking: is there a version of this for the player ship as well? I have a bit of a gimpy hand and the code above helped me with hand to hand, but I'm just so unintentionally clumsy with the ship (I end up accidentally ramming the other ship and sinking us both).

And this is only if you happen to know. No need to go digging on my behalf. :)

As for the mod this thread is about, am I correct that you get the starting gear when you get the loan from the Abbott for the ship and such? If so, I must have messed up copying in the debug menu stuff because I never got it (no CTDs, though). I'm reinstalling the game for other reasons and will try again. I just figured it was something I did on my end to not make it work because a previous version worked fine (an uninstall/reinstall between versions, though).

Anyway, good day to everyone and may your journey on the seas be fruitful!

Ship and captain are linked (unless TEHO is different from what I'm used to...?).
If the captain is immortal, so is the ship (hull).
Crew damage can still happen though; as well as rigging.

Thank you kindly, Pieter. I just got to the part where you do the first ship combat, so I'll see how that goes (I'm doing it later, though). I'm not going to purposely ram them, though! Would rather use my cannons to sink them so I get used to that. :)

I got help with that rank problem on discord. But thanks for your reply Spruebox. At least some still active on this website :yes
Currently happily play as i had always wanted. :dance With a one hit one kill one second reload gun :guns:

I changed the ship i got from the start into another ship. But can't get the Navigator Folkes to get on the ship. Any idea how to fix it? I also screwed up by didn't make the right back up copy of the fil Common_Shipyard.

Tested a few simple line and it work. If you like to do bad deed but the game screw you by only have good officer in tavern, this is how you can have good reputation. In seadogs.c, locate the "void OnLoad()". Put in these line
ChangeCharacterComplexReputation(pchar, "fame", 100);
ChangeCharacterComplexReputation(pchar, "nobility", 300);
ChangeCharacterComplexReputation(pchar, "authority", 300);
This is my seadogs.c
void OnLoad()
{
LAi_SetImmortal(GetMainCharacter(), true);
pchar.rank =4;
ChangeCharacterComplexReputation(pchar, "fame", 100);
ChangeCharacterComplexReputation(pchar, "nobility", 300);
ChangeCharacterComplexReputation(pchar, "authority", 300);
actLoadFlag = 1;

if(iGlobalVar1 < 50) iGlobalVar1 = BI_COMPARE_HEIGHT;

DeleteAttribute( pchar, "abordage_active_count" );
FreezeGroupControls(curKeyGroupName,false);

if( CharacterIsDead(pchar) ) {
pchar.chr_ai.hp = 1.0;
}
Change the number to negative if you want bad reputation.

If you want to have the Dutch reward of 6 month trading licence, you can add this line

GiveNationLicence(HOLLAND, 180);

Now when you load a save, you will get the permit. To avoid stacking it up, delete it and you can add again if the permit is outdated.
180 is the number of day the permit will be valid. So increase or decrease it as you wish.
You can also put the line in RPGUtilite.c so you will have the permit right at the start.

To change reputation with nations, use these lines

ChangeCharacterNationReputation(pchar, HOLLAND, -2);
ChangeCharacterNationReputation(pchar, ENGLAND, -2);
ChangeCharacterNationReputation(pchar, FRANCE, -2);
ChangeCharacterNationReputation(pchar, SPAIN, -2);

Change the number into positive or negative as you wish.

Back