• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Time and me stuck at 22:01

Panopticon

Landlubber
Ahoy, new scallywag here. I started playing the original campaign yesterday and I seem to be stuck in the first town.

During the introduction (following my first mate(?) around in town) I ended up in the tavern and talked to the wench working there. She offered me some company and, as the sailor I am, I of course agreed. This was at 10:00. After our.... conversation... the clock was 22:01 and when I stepped out of the tavern I was in a bit of a problem. It seems everything is closed at night, and since time doesn't move, nothing ever opens.

I can work around this by going back to the save before I talked to the wench and skip the business transaction but it's still something that shouldn't happen. And it makes me very hesitant to enjoy the company of women. That's not good for a sailor. At least not this sailor. :)

The save file is from right before talking to the wench, I get stuck at 22:01 every time I spend some time with her.

EDIT: And I play with this version:

Build 14 Beta 3.1 Full: 6 Dec 2013
Savegame Compatibility: 14.891

Attachments

• -=Player=- QuickSave 4.7z
    366.4 KB · Views: 126
Just go back to the tavern, talk to the tavern owner and stay the night.

It's kind of hard to talk to the tavern owner who is inside the tavern that is closed. And quite a bad tavern that closes that early I must say. :)

Taverns aren't supposed to close at night. But then.... it might have done so due to the tutorial.
I recommend starting a new game. Once you go past the tutorial, you'll be fine.

My answer about this is really simple :p

Just make sure you are doing the tutorial at day :)

If you choose to go with Malcolm it's always day I believe, just finish the tutorial first before doing your own thing :rolleyes:

How 'bout disabling the dialog for the wench, at least for a day, to avoid temptation for tutorial's sake from that storyline. xD:p

How 'bout disabling the dialog for the wench, at least for a day, to avoid temptation for tutorial's sake from that storyline. xD:p
if you can't controll yourself even before finishing the tutorial you deserve to be stuck :p. I will fix this on sunday :) then I have time again. Not going to disable the lovely lady but I will give you an chance to fix your problem :).

if you can't controll yourself even before finishing the tutorial you deserve to be stuck :p. I will fix this on sunday :) then I have time again. Not going to disable the lovely lady but I will give you an chance to fix your problem :).
Disabling that particular topic (or something similar) sounds like an excellent idea. I don't know if I'm the first to encounter this but I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one who has the urge to try everything that pops before my eyes. :)

Controll myself? I have just been to sea for I don't know how many months. :p

The wench offering companionship is a new feature and you are the first to have a problem. Live and learn.

Just having a bit of fun here ;).
Try this out please and let me know how you found it. It will work for all character under level 4. After that the normal thing happens.
Extract the files to your potc folder

Hmmm... Not sure what you did there but at least it didn't solve the problem. I started up a new game with the tutorial and could still spend some alone time with the lass and after I stepped out of the tavern, the time was 22:01 and everything, including the tavern, was locked.

If you fix this, the rum is on me. :)

There is nothing to be fixed here. Other buildings/infrastructures will surely close at/during night. This is for realism purposes. Just follow the procedures said above.

There is nothing to be fixed here. Other buildings/infrastructures will surely close at/during night. This is for realism purposes. Just follow the procedures said above.
Levis tried to fix it, (by removing that particular topic for players under level 4?) I tried his new files but it didn't work.

But there is no need to worry about me, I'm not so stupid that I keep doing the same mistake over and over again. Even though she is a nice lass. :p

As long as you don't leave the tavern, you're good. Problem is that the tutorial closes the door after you leave.
The tutorial also assumes that time does not pass.

I fixed it by removing the time passed for characters under level 4. You will also notice her saying something else.

I fixed it by removing the time passed for characters under level 4. You will also notice her saying something else.
Did it work for you? When I tried your fix the time passed just like before. I have to admit though that I didn't read what she said so if you put a clue there, I didn't notice.

sorry my bad, I tested it in another storyline but it seems the standard storyline has his own eng_officiant dialog also and forgot to edit that one.
Use this, then it should work :). Please read what she says ;) you will like it.

Attachments

• TNNHTM.zip
    16.4 KB · Views: 133
Back